How do I retrofit holding tanks to a "park" type travel trailer

I recently bought a 2006 unused Gulf Stream Cavalier travel trailer at auction.  It was a FEMA trailer (not the formaldehyde model) that has never been used.  The interior and all appliances are brand new and I think it will make a great starter camper for my family.
My question is:  with so many of these "park" type trailers that are not equiped with black or gray water tanks, is there a retrofit kit to add one or two holding tanks to it.  If not, where can I go to get step by step instructions for installing at least one large holding tank.  My alternative is to either only camp in locations that have sewer hookups, or use a large external portable tank.
Any advise is appreciated for this novice RV'er.

Tags: Cavalier, Gulf, Installing, Stream, holding, on, tanks, trailer

Views: 11834

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi i purchased a 2006 30 ' cavalier my club does not have direct hook up i have to fill and dump no water hookup. how it that going for you i thing i need 3 takks grey water black and fresh. i am pretty handy but i need more help do you have a diagram on how your doing that? I would really appreciate it like you this thing is solid i just finished cleaning it with awesome orange from dollar store. works GREWAT!!! FOR THE GREY STREAKS .there gone now. i also used about 6 tubes of silicone preventative measures....I did have one scare when i felt water drip on my shoulder, we had two huge storms and no water so i was confused till i realized my buddy turned the air to 60 and sweat built up. and how did you know that there is no Formaldehyde? sorry for all the questions but know one seems to really have any answers . i even called gulf stream to see what tanks i need and i left 3 voice mails.no return call. i know i need a pump to. if i had a plan or a diagram or an idea i know i can do this.
We're still using the barker portable tank and that's working well for us. We use the camps bath house, so we don't produce any black water from the camper (a little inconvenient, but not a big issue yet). Last trip was two nights and didn't have to empty 42 gallon tank until we left. As for the formaldehyde, we found out that all of these Cavaliers had formaldehyde issues when new and have FEMA advisories to not use them as permanent or long term homes. I would be surprised if formaldehyde is still an issue after four years of drying, but either way, I think short term camping in these is not a problem. Sorry, but I don't have any diagrams for mounting aftermarket tanks. Plenty of tanks can be found at PPL and other supply houses online. Good luck.
I recently bought a 2006 Gulfstream and after one phone call to Gulfstream and one email I was inundated with replies. Here's what i recieved from them:

Cavalier Trailer Tank parts needed

Retail cost
05L669 Termination valve $14.27
05X631 Water pump $97.62
05X593 Gravity water fill $5.94
05X583 Black tanks (2 ea) $183.24 for 2
tanks are 7-1/2"X30"X56"
05X969 White tank – fresh water $83.40
06X403 Tank resister (3 ea) $8.55 for 3
06X402 Well Nuts (12 ea) $12.12 for 12
061ABG Monitor panel $45.30
08L049 Tank strap (6 ea) $4.08 for 6
05X819 Toilet $159.42
05G856 3” flange for black tank(2) $7.50 for 2
05G852 1 ½” flange for tank (1) $2.25

Of course labor, glue and misc. pipe and fittings not included.
CONTACT FABRIPLAST IN STAFFORD, TEXAS 281-403-6195, BEST PLACE I KNOW FOR AFTER MARKET HOLDING TANKS.
I did mine myself...If you are handy do it..so easy the rv place quoted me $4,000 to do it well that id $3600 in labor....... I put 2 36 gal black/grey tanks went with a 30 gal fresh will upgrade eventually also would reccomend changeing toilet. 1.6 gals a flush fills 36 gals fast.. but look for and diagram on how to install holding tanke get an idea from there look undr your rv and draw your own.. than call Gulf stream get the kit everything you need for $387 but pump harbor freight and your good to go!!!!!
Hey, same story, does any body have pictures of their build or a diagram that you might be able to put together? I am complete novice at campers so I could use all the help I can get.

Does anyone have a video of there setup? Cause i have a 2006 Cavalier, and I would like to put hold tanks on mine!

RSS

Forum

Tires for tow dolly 2 Replies

Started by Russell & Berniece Johnson in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Russell & Berniece Johnson 18 hours ago.

Exhaust Pipe 3 Replies

Started by Valerie Phythyon in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Rich Thomas yesterday.

Does anyone know the possible year of this trailer? 8 Replies

Started by Kim Murray in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Kim Murray on Wednesday.

Suburban Furnace problem 18 Replies

Started by Russell & Berniece Johnson in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Rich Thomas on Wednesday.

tail lights 7 Replies

Started by harry burris in Vintage RV Salvage Yards & Used RV Parts Sources & Suppliers. Last reply by david craft on Tuesday.

Blog Posts

Thermasan - new owner's group being formed

Posted by David Edwards on October 24, 2014 at 6:52am

LP. Gas Systems

Posted by david craft on October 21, 2014 at 9:30am

After Market Electric Hot Water Heating

Posted by John "T" Nordhoff on October 21, 2014 at 7:20am — 7 Comments

converter evolution

Posted by david craft on October 21, 2014 at 2:26am — 13 Comments

RV Power Grid Monitor

Posted by Leonard on October 19, 2014 at 10:57am — 1 Comment

Ole Red goes to a new home.

Posted by Lakota Wolf on October 15, 2014 at 8:47pm — 1 Comment

Name these National Parks

Posted by John "T" Nordhoff on October 15, 2014 at 1:40pm — 2 Comments

Question on Vintage Propane Refrigerators

Posted by Donald & Shirley Ree on October 13, 2014 at 1:26pm — 5 Comments

Repairing vintage refrigerator

Posted by Donald & Shirley Ree on October 13, 2014 at 1:18pm — 6 Comments

I have a question

Posted by Kellie Foster on October 12, 2014 at 7:11pm — 2 Comments

COME JOIN US on GOOD OLD RVS

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us. Come on in and have some fun. JOIN HERE NOW

Members

Videos

• Add Videos

Events

Vintage RV community. Get Help Share Information. Learn How To Restore Vintage Trailers, Retro Campers, Buses & Old RVS . Vintage RV Photos

Plugs for Members

Hey Gang! Ready to Go-Go?

By GORVS Member Carey Masci
This book is a lighthearted look at 30 road trips taken by the author, Carey Masci, across the United States, beginning in his childhood. The reader will see America through the eyes of the author as he travels with family and friends to some of the most interesting locations in this country! 

Buy Carey's great book     HERE

YOUR OWN GORVs T-Shirt!

A work of art by member Paige Bridges

Get your Good Old RVs T-Shirt HERE

OUR VINTAGE CAMPER ARTISTS  

Paige's VintageTrailer Art  

Paige's VintageTrailerFabric

Vics Whimsy Art https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vics-Whimsy-art/1486096451628822

Artistroads                    RetroBrenda

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclaimer - Please Read it

Enjoy this site and use it totally at your own risk.

By using or viewing this site YOU agree to Hold Harmless anyone associated with it including other members. Also, YOU agree that YOU are solely responsible for ANY and ALL actions, results or damages. Members "opinions" are just that. Any repairs or modifications do totally at YOUR OWN RISK. Use licensed professionals for all work to avoid possible serious injury or damage. Use  banks for purchases. You could get computer viruses or hacks. Have fun!

Copywrite & Trade Mark Registered GoodOldRV© ,GoodOldRVs©, GoodOldRVs.com©,GoodOldRVs.net©,GoodOldRV.Com©

© 2014   Created by Pat Daly.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service