Hi all, we're new members.  We have a 1970 Winnebago Chieftain D27 with two doors. Its an M4 with a 413 Dodge engine, dually rear, factory chrome wheels. Its slightly different from the other one on this site as it has a single queen bed in the back instead of two twins. The video below isn't ours but ours looks just like this one on the outside. We plan on remodeling the interior and we're missing some exterior and interior parts we'd love to find. Our ultimate plan is to make it road worthy and a rolling classic. We have a lot of technical questions we'd love to pose to the forums. Hoping some other members have already experienced these updates and would be willing to share their experiences with us.  We are interested in electrical system updates; braking systems; A/C and cooling systems; generator updates; as well as fuel economy updates.  We have lots of missing parts we'd love to find to keep the original vintage charm as much as possible.

We too are in our early 60's and got lucky by paying only $200 for this gem a few years ago.

We will be posting wanted ads in the classified section and hope some of you can point us in the right direction. 

So excited to be a part of your community.

Tags: D27, winnebago

Views: 1987

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glad you are here, Larry. I think yours is the first MH with 2 doors that I have ever seen. Our 1st trailer had 2 doors and I do miss having that other avenue of escape handy. Post away with the questions and needed parts. Also we have the RV Salvage Yards link at the top of the page that may help you in locating items. Also be sure to flood the site with pictures as you are redoing stuff. We seem to do a lot of vicarious remodeling on this site and pictures help a lot. Best of luck.

Hi Larry, welcome to GORV's. I suggest you get in touch with Jimco-Woo1. at the Winnebago owners group. That W001 is the serial No. to one of the Winnebago he owns. Jimco is the resident Winnebago Guru. good luck with your project.

Hello,

Thanks Russ ,Rick, 

I just can't find any good suppliers for Winnebago parts ?

Most the bone yards are dealing with newer RV's & not much on the Vintage Winnebago 's ? ?

I can find 70's Winnebago 's for sale, never in my area, and sellers not willing to part them out ?

They think everybody will buy a complete R.v. Just to get the parts they need ?

Hey, thats mine!   ;)  

Tim, 

I have the same model & year.

I have tried to contact you.

I have questions about this model. And see your interior.

I've only seen 2.

Mine & yours. My D27 is very stock OEM  condition. With a few mods.

I've had mine know for about 5 years. Runs good ,& i've run it about 10k miles.

40k total.

Great RV, everybody just loves it !

Las Vegas, Nv.I

LarryStorm503@gmail.com

Hi Larry,

Mine is pretty much fully stock OEM as well.     Last time I checked, mine was at 44k miles. I am for the most part the 2nd owner, there was a middle man who purchased it from the estate of the original owner.  I have the original invoice, mine runs great as well!   The original owner did a custom order and I also have a copy of that sheet as well.  I didn't realize you had tried to contact me or I would of responded earlier!    This is my 2nd Winnebago, my first one was a 1972 and for the most part my Dad and I went through her and completely rebuilt the mechanics and the interior.    Is yours a Chiefton?    Do you have the  MORryde suspension?  

Tim, 

Just give me a call or email.

LarryStorm503@gmail.com

(702)417-8667

Law Vegas, Nv.

Hello, Hello,

I'm looking for interior parts: Front seats (bench / love seat), dash parts,  

Exterior parts : Roof rack, tail lite lenses,  Gen. Set door, Screen doors,  Window screens ? ? 

Any info. on our 1970 D27, Chieftain,   M400,  Dodge 413,  2 door model, owners manual, any drive train manuals ? ?

Hello All,
We're looking for stock front seats ?
Anybody have a line on the bench / driver set. Early 70's, Don't care much about the covers.
We plan on recovering them anyway.
LarryStorm503@gmail.com

Welcome to GORV's Larry, hope you find the parts that you need. Please check out and join the Winnebago group.

Thanks Jimco, 

So far we enjoy the content.

Do you have or know of a good Winny bone yard or Used parts salvage.?

I've tried a few, no luck so far.

It's funny, we find 70's Winnebago 's for sale ?

They don't run, way off the beaten path. No title, And then they won't sell Parts.?

All the salvage yards are No better.

Or they tell us a Long Story about how they just , Took all the Old Winny's To the dump !

Sad Stories,

We Keep Searching.

LarryStorm503@gmail.com

RSS

Members

HOW TO MEMBER POSTS

•         How To Links 

-Search Good Old RV's

-Start a New Group 

-Roof Repair Photos & Products

-Repair an RV Roof

-Pick Roof Sealer   

-Understanding RV Electrical Systems 

-Get RV Insurance   

-What to Look For When Buying a Used RV

-Jack Installs Fuel Injection in his Dodge 

RV ARTISTS 

Artist Roads                                              

JOIN US AT GOOD OLD RVS

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us. Come on in and have some fun. JOIN HERE NOW

Forum

Starcraft Ceiling Repair

Started by Donald Morgenroth in RV Repair & Maintence Mar 18.

Replacing controller ,? And inverter 1 Reply

Started by Dave King in Vintage & Classic RV Restoration & Purchase. Last reply by Rick Cornell Apr 27, 2023.

Sway Bar Links 2 Replies

Started by Grey Wolf in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Grey Wolf Apr 22, 2023.

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

JOIN US - COME ON IN!

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us.

Come on in and have some fun.      

Dedicated to a simpler, more rewarding and fun way of life in a Good Old RV... 

Vintage Travel Trailers, Vintage Campers, Camper Restoration, Bus Conversions, Vintage RV Forums, Old RVs, Tiny Homes, Boondocking

A work of art by member Paige Bridges

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclaimer - Please Read it

Enjoy this site and use it totally at your own risk.

By using or viewing this site YOU agree to Hold Harmless anyone associated with it including other members. Also, YOU agree that YOU are solely responsible for ANY and ALL actions, results or damages. Members "opinions" are just that and any repair or alteration comments or recommendations are by folks who are not licensed repair  or mechanical professionals. Any repairs or modifications you do totally at YOUR OWN RISK. Use licensed professionals for all work to avoid possible serious injury or damage. Use  banks for purchases.  Have fun!

Copywrite & Trade Mark Registered GoodOldRV© ,GoodOldRVs©, GoodOldRVs.com©,GoodOldRVs.net©,GoodOldRV.Com©

© 2024   Created by Jimco_W001.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service