Asking $4500 or best offer.

After a bunch of years and little family adventures, we've decided to sell our Winne. My son needs to go to college, apparently.

Dodge m300 chassis, 318 small block with 58,000 miles on it. Inspected until August of next year! Starts perfectly, runs strong, smokes a little on start up (I use Seafoam and lead additive every other tank), but does not burn oil. It will cruise happily at 60 for hours, and gets about 7 MPG, no matter what.

We are the third owners. The original owner used it as his race-day vehicle at Watkins Glen (not for towing, just spectating). He kept a binder with maintenance doc's, appliance brochures, etc. I still have some race schedules he'd left in it, and a day pass sticker on the windshield. When he was too old to enjoy such things, he traded it to this moron in Syracuse for a house-paint job. The guy never drove it, just had it in his yard uncovered. We rescued it, had Camping World fix the roof and a machine shop rebuilt the differential. We've done a lot of little things to it:

--> new toilet.
--> new pex plumbing, bypassing the old fresh water holding tanks (which leaked) -- we have always --> hooked up to fresh water supply, so no need to load up with a gajillion extra pounds of water).
--> resealed the roof two summers ago, so no leaks.
--> sealed window trim.
--> new exhaust from header to rear bumper.
--> new brake lines.
--> new gas tank.
--> new "Premier" Empire cover last year (so one winter of use -- it's an amazingly solid cover).
--> tires are good for another couple thousand miles, though the spare is starting to crack.

some creature comfort additions:
--> really comfy rear mattress
--> PS2 to watch movies and play games
--> Samsung flatscreen
--> microwave
--> stove and oven work great!
--> Cobra 29 LTD Blue Tooth CB radio with "tune-up and MOSFET upgrades" from Bells CB Radio.
--> If there was a service manual made for it, we've got it, and they're included.
--> two propane tanks for the three-burner stove. Works great!

some problems (it's 45 years old!):
--> A/C unit doesn't work
--> fridge is on its last legs (original Swedish Dometic!)
--> haven't ever used the furnace or hot water heater, but they're there.
--> fuel gauge doesn't work (but the odometer does! Just refuel every 150 miles or so)
--> no generator. We've always camped at grounds with shore power, and the electrical system is flawless. We've run a second fridge, the A/C (when it worked), various chargers, laptop, lights, TV, never had a problem.
--> no hitch receiver. I thought about welding one on, but never got around to it.
--> one clearance light is broken, and several don't work. Probably a grounding issue, but never bothered me. The rear ones work, and those seem more important to me.
--> turning signals blink fast, but they all work, and flasher relay is fine. Maybe because new bulbs cause less load, so the relay thinks one is out?

This thing will sleep 4 adults comfortably, more if you like to cuddle. Technically, there are four beds: There's a pull-down bunk bed above the cab, the dinette table folds down level with the benches to form a bed, and then in back we have a mattress on the lower platform, and use the upper bed platform for storage. My kids like the front cab-bunk and the rear bunk. My wife and I like the lower bed. 

The bathroom has a new toilet, original sink, medicine cabinet, shower, vent fan, all of which work. 

There are two tall closets, and four galley cabinets. There are four drawers under the sink.

Passenger seat swivels around.

Pull-out awning.

I'm including all the things we've found helpful to have on-hand:
--> levelling blocks
--> tire stops
--> fresh water hose and pressure regulator
--> sewer connection hose to hook up directly to sewer
--> sewer trolley (to drain grey water or sewage from the parked Winne and roll to a disposal inlet)
--> extra bulbs, fuses, lead additive, engine oil, power steering fluid, coolant, etc.)

We're located in the lower Hudson Valley near the Tappan Zee bridge.

Tags: 1973, brave, d21, winnebago

Views: 105

Attachments:

Reply to This

Members

HOW TO MEMBER POSTS

•         How To Links 

-Search Good Old RV's

-Start a New Group 

-Roof Repair Photos & Products

-Repair an RV Roof

-Pick Roof Sealer   

-Restore Aluminum

-Paint Fiberglass  

-Restore Old Finish  

-Restore A Class C  

-Service a Used RV

-Understanding RV Electrical Systems 

-Install and Wire RV Battery Banks

-Hook Up Batteries

-Get RV Insurance   

-Gas vs Diesel Trucks 

-What to Look For When Buying a Used RV

-Jack Installs Fuel Injection in his Dodge 

RV ARTISTS 

Paige's VintageTrailer Art  

Paige's VintageTrailerFabric

Artist Roads                                            Sandy's Stained Glasshttps://www.pinterest.com/pin/552605816752050167/     

COME JOIN US on GOOD OLD RVS

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us. Come on in and have some fun. JOIN HERE NOW

Forum

Retro fit heated waste tanks and dump valves 2 Replies

Started by Edwin Douglas in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Edwin Douglas 1 hour ago.

Present from Jack and Sharon Wasmuth

Started by Russ Johnson in General Discussion Forum on Wednesday.

1971 Open Road (Chevrolet Custom Camper/30) FOR SALE 1 Reply

Started by Bill Betts in Vintage Campers For Sale. Last reply by richard nance on Monday.

Blog Posts

Water pump replacement on a beast of an engine.

Posted by Lakota Wolf on August 11, 2018 at 3:04pm — 3 Comments

Catching Up While I Have Down Time

Posted by carey masci on August 4, 2018 at 12:27am

The best come back for owning an oldie RV.

Posted by Lakota Wolf on August 3, 2018 at 9:44pm — 2 Comments

Camper Jack Replacement Part

Posted by Jane Roxanne Beamon on July 31, 2018 at 5:30pm

Videos

• Add Videos

JOIN US - COME ON IN!

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us.

Come on in and have some fun.         JOIN HERE NOW!

Dedicated to a simpler, more rewarding and fun way of life in a Good Old RV... 

Vintage Travel Trailers, Vintage Campers, Camper Restoration, Bus Conversions, Vintage RV Forums, Old RVs, Tiny Homes, Boondocking

YOUR OWN GORVs T-Shirt!

A work of art by member Paige Bridges

Get your Good Old RVs T-Shirt HERE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclaimer - Please Read it

Enjoy this site and use it totally at your own risk.

By using or viewing this site YOU agree to Hold Harmless anyone associated with it including other members. Also, YOU agree that YOU are solely responsible for ANY and ALL actions, results or damages. Members "opinions" are just that and any repair or alteration comments or recommendations are by folks who are not licensed repair  or mechanical professionals. Any repairs or modifications you do totally at YOUR OWN RISK. Use licensed professionals for all work to avoid possible serious injury or damage. Use  banks for purchases. You could get computer viruses or hacks. Have fun!

Copywrite & Trade Mark Registered GoodOldRV© ,GoodOldRVs©, GoodOldRVs.com©,GoodOldRVs.net©,GoodOldRV.Com©

© 2018   Created by Russ Johnson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service