HELP ! ! ! ! ! !

I have a 96 GeorgieBoy Cruisemaster 34'. From what I can find out I have PowerPlus Levelers and I cannot get them to work. I've made one cross country trip and we didn't have any problems until the trip home. I had some idiot from a truck repair ( Good Sam did send them out) try to work on them and all he managed to do was fry the multi-function switch so I didn't have any headlights either. All I have is a generic wiring diagram and it's no help. There must be someone out there who has similar equipment that can help me out. The area I live in is 200 mi from the nearest RV repair so that's not an option.

Thanks, 

Bob

Views: 206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I also have a '63 Airstream 19' Globetrotter. The fiberglass roof vent busted and water ruined the floor. I want to sell the trailer but how hard is it to replace then re-vinyl the floor, and rehab the trailer? Will it be worth me doing the repairs. I can't make it one of those showpiece total rebuild like on the internet, but I do have some skills, just disabled so have a hard time doing things. Thanks

Hi Robert,  sorry about the GeorgieBoy I can't help you with that but, I would do what Rick stated and get in touch with Good Sam and at least argue your case. On the Air stream with out seeing any pictures of the damage it is hard to give much advice. I do know they are desirable and some what collectible so putting some time effort and cash into it would likely pay off. I know your in the thick of it with the GeorgieBoy but when you get a chance try to up load some pic's of the Air stream and I'll bet you will get some of the insight you seek. Hang in there man.

The very first thing I would do is file a claim with Good Sam and get THEM to repair it! PRONTO!!!!! There is no reason you should be liable for someone else's mistake and since it was an agent of theirs then they are responsible for making it right.

I already did as much as I can through Good Sam. I gor some of my money reimbursed but not all. For what it's worth, I would suggest to anyone who gets a mechanic on the road to 1 st ask if they are RV mechs or Truck mechs because a Truck mech just won't cut the mustard unless its strictly a drive train issue.

I can't believe I'm having so much trouble finding help on my GeorgieBoy or my jack issue. I can't be the only one to ever have had this problem. If anyone knows where I might try looking I'd appreciate the info. Thanks for the previous replies.

Well Robert, If you have to do it yourself it is going to boil down to basic electrical and hydraulic diagnosis. Lets start with the symptoms, What does it do or not do? If it worked fine and now it does absolutely nothing I would pretty much head towards the electrical side of it. It sounds like the truck mechanic was thinking the same thing if he was into the headlight switch. That is the multifunction switch you are talking about that fried right? Ok, You first need to find out where the power for the jack control comes from. Also there will be a larger power cable going to the pump solenoid which is switched by the control unit. Both of these should be protected by fuses or breakers. At the least you need to ascertain that there is power to the units. Once you get this far let me know what you have found and we will take it from there. If need be I can give you a call and walk you through problem areas.

Let me add that while I am a retired master truck and auto tech I am working over the internet which means I am working blind other than the information I get from you. So the more accurate the information I get the better I can help.

Rick

Any progress?

RSS

Members

HOW TO MEMBER POSTS

•         How To Links 

-Search Good Old RV's

-Start a New Group 

-Roof Repair Photos & Products

-Repair an RV Roof

-Pick Roof Sealer   

-Understanding RV Electrical Systems 

-Get RV Insurance   

-What to Look For When Buying a Used RV

-Jack Installs Fuel Injection in his Dodge 

RV ARTISTS 

Artist Roads                                              

JOIN US AT GOOD OLD RVS

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us. Come on in and have some fun. JOIN HERE NOW

Forum

Starcraft Ceiling Repair

Started by Donald Morgenroth in RV Repair & Maintence Mar 18.

Replacing controller ,? And inverter 1 Reply

Started by Dave King in Vintage & Classic RV Restoration & Purchase. Last reply by Rick Cornell Apr 27, 2023.

Sway Bar Links 2 Replies

Started by Grey Wolf in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Grey Wolf Apr 22, 2023.

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

JOIN US - COME ON IN!

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us.

Come on in and have some fun.      

Dedicated to a simpler, more rewarding and fun way of life in a Good Old RV... 

Vintage Travel Trailers, Vintage Campers, Camper Restoration, Bus Conversions, Vintage RV Forums, Old RVs, Tiny Homes, Boondocking

A work of art by member Paige Bridges

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclaimer - Please Read it

Enjoy this site and use it totally at your own risk.

By using or viewing this site YOU agree to Hold Harmless anyone associated with it including other members. Also, YOU agree that YOU are solely responsible for ANY and ALL actions, results or damages. Members "opinions" are just that and any repair or alteration comments or recommendations are by folks who are not licensed repair  or mechanical professionals. Any repairs or modifications you do totally at YOUR OWN RISK. Use licensed professionals for all work to avoid possible serious injury or damage. Use  banks for purchases.  Have fun!

Copywrite & Trade Mark Registered GoodOldRV© ,GoodOldRVs©, GoodOldRVs.com©,GoodOldRVs.net©,GoodOldRV.Com©

© 2024   Created by Jimco_W001.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service