Happy New Year all

Have a 72 Travco with the 413 engine and trans ebrake . I had the ebrake shoes relined at a clutch shop , they used material usually used in elevators . Now looking for a new cable and the ebrake handle top , i just have the threaded part , not easy to pull fitting on top . Next on the list is i tried to remove a wiper motor and broke the part of the fitting above wherre the wiper seats . On the wiper clutch part . I had thought it was bad , since i replaced the switch and checked grounds with no avail . Was quite annoyed when after removal , i did the last we'll see thing and ground it next to the car battery and added power , only to see it work . So is welding or similar pos . Sorry about the long post . Any help will be appreciated . Jody K    Travco 72 --  270 - 375 chassis

Views: 451

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jody,

Here are a couple sites for wiper parts

http://www.clevelandignition.com/index.htm

http://www.obsinc.net/partsflyer.pdf

They only make a press on arm that goes on the motor directly so I ended up purchasing new motors.

I now have a complete new wiper system.  If you go this route call me because there were some issues I had with what position you install the motors.

Larry Rogers

206-715-1647

Hi Larry , thanks for the help and tips . MIght end up with a totally updated wiper system . Wil give u a buzz later . Have a great day . Jody K
 Your 1972 travco is mounted on a very common ( for the time) Dodge chassies, most class A motorhomes starting from the mid to late 60's through the 1970's were built on dodge chassis, yours with the trans E-brake was made only into 1972 so yours is the last chassis with that system from the later part of 72 and on the E-brakes were activated in the rear drum brakes. My advice to you is to find any brand name class-A motorhome with the same dodge chassis as yours and just keep it for parts, if you have a place to park your (salvage) motorhome do that and just take parts off as you need then, shift cable, brake vacuum bookter, stearing colom, dash cluster, rums, front end parts etc the list goes on. if you have no room to store a salvage motorhome then strip parts off that you want to keep and get rid of the shell of the salvage motorhome, donate it to your local fire dept to burn for practice or find a junk yard that will take it. You will find a salvage motorhome like this in most rural area's and many suburban area's often they are sitting in back yards or side yards or are in deiveways and  have been sitting for a while, are water damaged from leaky roofes, though they may  look  very scary they have many good chassis parts that are still very useable.  when you have a classic such as yours that is a very practical idea. thanks ... Doug, Long island New york.

Hi Doug

Thanks for the lengthy reply . I don't need many parts , but having spares in the garage or under a tarp might be a tempting thing . At the least I'm going to check out some truck junk yards . Mine starts right up , just needs some attention for safety . Like adjusting the steering box . Have a great day , and if ever in the area feel free to look me up .   Jody K  ( oh  , clinton ct )

The chassis your motorhome is on is not a standard commercial truck Dodge chassis, the cahssis your motorhome is mounted on was specially built only for motorhomes the various models range from M-300,M-375,RM-300,RM350, and RM-400 yours I would guess is mounted on a RM-400. The class C motorhomes yes they were all mounted on standard B class van chassis so all the parts are available at any auto parts store napa etc, but calss A motorhomes are a different breed, many of the parts are much harder to ubtain at a regular auto parts store. if you intend to keep this coach for years to come you should look for a (salvage motorhome) your motorhome may run great now but two or three years from now  somthing may go as small as a wheel bearing or as big as a rear differential. it is very convient to just to have one to pluck parts off when you need them.  I have a 1974 class-A with a  RM-350 Dodge chassis with a 440-v8, cruse air motorhome,It's a basic no name motorhome but it has a very good layout on the inside. sorry I dont mean to preach to you, I just like to help out my fellow classic motorhome owners and help them to keep these american classics on the road for many years to come. I have experience with these older moterhomes, pryer to the one I own now, I have also had a 1969 winnebago on a M-300 class a chassis, also a 1978 dodge class C motorhome. and had a 1973 dodge van as my daily driver. So any questions you have feel free to call taulk to you later,  Doug  516-790-1199

RSS

Members

HOW TO MEMBER POSTS

•         How To Links 

-Search Good Old RV's

-Start a New Group 

-Roof Repair Photos & Products

-Repair an RV Roof

-Pick Roof Sealer   

-Understanding RV Electrical Systems 

-Get RV Insurance   

-What to Look For When Buying a Used RV

-Jack Installs Fuel Injection in his Dodge 

RV ARTISTS 

Artist Roads                                              

JOIN US AT GOOD OLD RVS

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us. Come on in and have some fun. JOIN HERE NOW

Forum

Starcraft Ceiling Repair

Started by Donald Morgenroth in RV Repair & Maintence Mar 18.

Replacing controller ,? And inverter 1 Reply

Started by Dave King in Vintage & Classic RV Restoration & Purchase. Last reply by Rick Cornell Apr 27, 2023.

Sway Bar Links 2 Replies

Started by Grey Wolf in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Grey Wolf Apr 22, 2023.

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

JOIN US - COME ON IN!

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us.

Come on in and have some fun.      

Dedicated to a simpler, more rewarding and fun way of life in a Good Old RV... 

Vintage Travel Trailers, Vintage Campers, Camper Restoration, Bus Conversions, Vintage RV Forums, Old RVs, Tiny Homes, Boondocking

A work of art by member Paige Bridges

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclaimer - Please Read it

Enjoy this site and use it totally at your own risk.

By using or viewing this site YOU agree to Hold Harmless anyone associated with it including other members. Also, YOU agree that YOU are solely responsible for ANY and ALL actions, results or damages. Members "opinions" are just that and any repair or alteration comments or recommendations are by folks who are not licensed repair  or mechanical professionals. Any repairs or modifications you do totally at YOUR OWN RISK. Use licensed professionals for all work to avoid possible serious injury or damage. Use  banks for purchases.  Have fun!

Copywrite & Trade Mark Registered GoodOldRV© ,GoodOldRVs©, GoodOldRVs.com©,GoodOldRVs.net©,GoodOldRV.Com©

© 2024   Created by Jimco_W001.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service