I would like to invite anyone with an interest in Glastron Motorhomes to share their ideas and experiences, ask questions and leave comments. I have owned a 1970 model for 16 years and have a lot of experience with it and learn more all the time. The first big question we all seem to have is how many were produced and in what years.  

Views: 9909

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I I called several glass companies in the Nashville area.  Abbey Glass was the company that found and installed mine.  They did tell me the driver's side glass was the last one in the country, they were in a warehouse in GA I believe.  I hope they were mistaken about that and you can find some.  I would just start calling windshield companies and see if they can find some through their resources.  Your dad was the one who tipped me off to them being Mac truck windshields. 

Thank you I will start searching

Hey. My wife and I have a 1970 Glastron and we're re-building the interior. Exterior's great, but it sustained water-damage inside under the original owners and was subsequently gutted by the guy we bought it from. There's a new (rubber, watertight) roof, rebuilt 360 motor and tranny with about 1,000 miles. New brakes, distributor, alternator, fuel tank and (as of yesterday) electric fuel pump, filter and starter motor. I've installed a 100W (for starters) solar panel hooked up to a 100AH deep cycle battery and it's charging good.

What's wild is that I'm getting about 14-15mpg highway with all that weight removed, so I'm carefully considering everything I add, keeping it light and minimal.

Was surprised to find someone else who had one of these. According to the DMV, we've got the only one in New York.

Worst part's been the wiring. A lot of old (and new) shoddy connections and spaghetti. Haven't been able to get the taillights and running lights to work yet, but it's coming along. Will post photos as we progress. Really cool to find ya and any advice is certainly welcome! Do you still own and use the motorhome?

Cheers,

Jonah

Attachments:

Hi Jonah, Congratulations on finding a Glastron. That makes about 15 that I know of. One of the best things about them is the body, roof and all is fiberglass. I have never known of anyone putting a rubber roof over the fiberglass, they normally don't leak. It looks like the roof has been cut out where the skylight is, is that where it leaked? I like the solar panel idea. Mine is in need of a repower and I have been thinking of replacing the 318-3 with a 360-3. They originally came with a 318 or 413. The best milage I have ever had was about 10, so 14-15 is great. I would definitely try to keep the interior as light weight as possible. One good thing is the wiring should be very accessible and easy to replace while it is apart. I have owned mine for 20 years now and it needs mechanical and paint to be going again. Have a few other more pressing projects before I can get to it. I would be happy to help you how ever I can, there are some others on this site as well who are very familiar with these great little motorhomes. Good luck!

Nice Glastron! I just missed one in Tennessee a few months ago. Another will come around. Until then I'll just have to envy others. :)

I'm still on the hunt. Wasn't scanning the web like I was due to more work demands. Still hopeful. Anyone have good summer pics of their glastrons?

One for sale in Tucson all restored

RSS

Members

HOW TO MEMBER POSTS

•         How To Links 

-Search Good Old RV's

-Start a New Group 

-Roof Repair Photos & Products

-Repair an RV Roof

-Pick Roof Sealer   

-Understanding RV Electrical Systems 

-Get RV Insurance   

-What to Look For When Buying a Used RV

-Jack Installs Fuel Injection in his Dodge 

RV ARTISTS 

Artist Roads                                              

JOIN US AT GOOD OLD RVS

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us. Come on in and have some fun. JOIN HERE NOW

Forum

Starcraft Ceiling Repair

Started by Donald Morgenroth in RV Repair & Maintence Mar 18.

Replacing controller ,? And inverter 1 Reply

Started by Dave King in Vintage & Classic RV Restoration & Purchase. Last reply by Rick Cornell Apr 27, 2023.

Sway Bar Links 2 Replies

Started by Grey Wolf in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Grey Wolf Apr 22, 2023.

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

JOIN US - COME ON IN!

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us.

Come on in and have some fun.      

Dedicated to a simpler, more rewarding and fun way of life in a Good Old RV... 

Vintage Travel Trailers, Vintage Campers, Camper Restoration, Bus Conversions, Vintage RV Forums, Old RVs, Tiny Homes, Boondocking

A work of art by member Paige Bridges

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclaimer - Please Read it

Enjoy this site and use it totally at your own risk.

By using or viewing this site YOU agree to Hold Harmless anyone associated with it including other members. Also, YOU agree that YOU are solely responsible for ANY and ALL actions, results or damages. Members "opinions" are just that and any repair or alteration comments or recommendations are by folks who are not licensed repair  or mechanical professionals. Any repairs or modifications you do totally at YOUR OWN RISK. Use licensed professionals for all work to avoid possible serious injury or damage. Use  banks for purchases.  Have fun!

Copywrite & Trade Mark Registered GoodOldRV© ,GoodOldRVs©, GoodOldRVs.com©,GoodOldRVs.net©,GoodOldRV.Com©

© 2024   Created by Jimco_W001.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service