To keep rodents out of your rv place Bounce fabric softener sheet, regular or original only, in all bays, draws and spaces that you can reach. Keeps the mice away from your rv.

Simply pull and replace the Bounce sheets every 3 or 4 months.

Putting your rv in storage? Add powered rodent beepers for even more protection.

Don't forget to plug all holes entering the bottom of your coach with steel wool. Mice hate steel wool and won't chew through it.

Never place moth balls in or around the perimeter of your rv. The gases given off are not good for humans, leave a lingering smell that's hard to get rid of and moth balls kill lot of animals... including your pets.

Be sure to take extra steps to keep whatever type of rv you have mouse free; rodent damage can be extensive and very costly to repair.

Keep on goin down the road... without mice!

Tags: Keeping, Mice, Proof, RV, Rodent, Tips, Travel, Your, of, out, More…rv, your

Views: 7391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I called the 800 number on the Bounce package today while at the store. She told me that "Outdoor Fresh" is the original Bounce.

Dale

We like the use of dryer sheets for a couple reasons:  It makes the rig smell good when you open it up after storage and it really does seem to work.  One thing I would like to add is obvious but will surely bring the critters to you...make sure any food source is properly stored.  We gave our old motor home to our daughters and when winter came the husband of one (now ex-husband, thank you), kept putting off cleaning out the unit until winter hit.  In the spring, the mice had found the dog food that was left and wash cloths (great for nesting it seems).  Fortunately no serious damage.  We learned a couple of things about ant control in California.  It seems they will use your shore power cord as a freeway to the motor home.  The campground host told us to put a band of Vic's Vapo Rub around the water hose and electrical cord,  It sure did work well, getting rid of them in the motor home took a little longer.  After I left a box of cerial partially open and ended up with my breakfast crawling out of the bowl, we started using zip lock bags or proper sealing storage containers.  We also found that Ants can't process Instant Grits.  It seems they take it back to share with the colony and they blow themselves up.  No problem finding a out of the way place to bait them and it really works well.  We have now started using it at home when they invade the yard.  The host also recommended not leaving the sewer hose hooked up as they will use it as a highway along with the other utilities.

Pat, I heard about the Bounce sheets several years ago and tried them with a degree of doubt, and I have to admit they work great and the bonus is the rv does not get that closed up smell.

Have a great day,

Jim, Sandy & Molly Dog 

Plug the hole is the key here. I found a gap between the black water tank and under skin. Stuffed copious amounts of steel wool in and then shot some expanding foam insulation over that. NO MORE MiCE. The travelin cat is very bored now ;-p Don't forget the power port too. 

Miles of Smiles and Happy Holidays

Steel wool. That ought to keep the little buggers out!

steel wool works but it will rust..get those copper scouring pads at grocery store..they dont rust.

I was on another forum where people were having this same problem. One suggestion was to mow the lawn underneath very short and put rat poison on the ground and in the RV.

You will probably want to check any places where cable or tubes enter the RV.

Brandon Esparza

Florida Outdoors RV

Please, NOT RAT POISON OUTSIDE! Almost all animals eat it, including our dog, and it is the most terrible death imaginable. It took 3 days at emergency vets and thousands of dollars to save her. 5 other dogs died.

Now, rat poison inside is ok IF you don't have pets or kids and it does not come in contact with things like dinner plates or silverwear. But do wish there is a more and quicker humane way to dispatch the villians.

Other members tell us to use STEEL WOOL and stuff it around all lines that lead into the camper. Works great!

Members, any other good methods??

PLEASE don't use the poison.  There are other safe and humane methods.  In addition to the poison being an outright danger to dogs and cats, the intended victims are often eaten by animals and birds who then suffer and die as well. 

Hey Everybody. I know I'm going to like this site. :) I was on another website who's members thought automotive engine coolant, "antifreeze", was a perfectly just way to get rid of raccoons. Or "rat poison and Coke-a-cola". I couldn't believe what I was reading. I'm not hangin' with those mean people.

Anyone who is so "un... human' to do that would not last very long in this neck of the woods. It is probably the worst possible way for any animal to die. Have a heart traps work perfectly well and it's easy to transport the animal back to the "wild" where it... and a few of us GORVers belong.

Lady dog says thanks for keeping critters safe. 

RSS

Members

HOW TO MEMBER POSTS

•         How To Links 

-Search Good Old RV's

-Start a New Group 

-Roof Repair Photos & Products

-Repair an RV Roof

-Pick Roof Sealer   

-Understanding RV Electrical Systems 

-Get RV Insurance   

-What to Look For When Buying a Used RV

-Jack Installs Fuel Injection in his Dodge 

RV ARTISTS 

Paige's VintageTrailer Art  

Paige's VintageTrailerFabric

Artist Roads                                            Sandy's Stained Glasshttps://www.pinterest.com/pin/552605816752050167/     

COME JOIN US on GOOD OLD RVS

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us. Come on in and have some fun. JOIN HERE NOW

Forum

insulation 6 Replies

Started by Barbara in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Barbara Nov 27.

1992 C Coachmen 3 Replies

Started by S.Heins in Class C RV discussions. All things Class C related.. Last reply by Billy lotz Nov 19.

Steel valve stems

Started by Jack Wasmuth in RV Repair & Maintence Oct 28.

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

JOIN US - COME ON IN!

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us.

Come on in and have some fun.         JOIN HERE NOW!

Dedicated to a simpler, more rewarding and fun way of life in a Good Old RV... 

Vintage Travel Trailers, Vintage Campers, Camper Restoration, Bus Conversions, Vintage RV Forums, Old RVs, Tiny Homes, Boondocking

YOUR OWN GORVs T-Shirt!

A work of art by member Paige Bridges

Get your Good Old RVs T-Shirt HERE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclaimer - Please Read it

Enjoy this site and use it totally at your own risk.

By using or viewing this site YOU agree to Hold Harmless anyone associated with it including other members. Also, YOU agree that YOU are solely responsible for ANY and ALL actions, results or damages. Members "opinions" are just that and any repair or alteration comments or recommendations are by folks who are not licensed repair  or mechanical professionals. Any repairs or modifications you do totally at YOUR OWN RISK. Use licensed professionals for all work to avoid possible serious injury or damage. Use  banks for purchases.  Have fun!

Copywrite & Trade Mark Registered GoodOldRV© ,GoodOldRVs©, GoodOldRVs.com©,GoodOldRVs.net©,GoodOldRV.Com©

© 2019   Created by Russell E Johnson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service