As much as I like Paul's horizontal installation, the more I look at this the more I'm thinking long-ways is the way to go. Opinions?

Views: 1981

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes it is, but at least at walwart you have come to expect screwups, for the price one would expect lowes to be better.

I've had similar experiences at Lowe's and HD. The stuff you need is never there - empty bin. I don't set foot in the place without checking online first and even then it's hit or miss.

The flooring is special order - I knew they didn't carry it in the store. It's a Lowe's only pattern but they don't stock it. Some boob in the distribution warehouse mistook "Mahogany" for "Maple".

At least the alliteration was correct LOL

Yep. Close but no cigar. The b*tch is that I have TWO PLANKS to go. One in the galley, another in the rear bedroom. I waited a week for the wrong stuff. But it happens. The guy was embarrassed about it, and it wasn't his fault. Dealing with people who genuinely care about making it right makes it worthwhile.

Hi Jim.Please post a photo of your new floor.Ready or not.

Just saw this now for some reason. The pics I posted are most recent. The new stuff should be here tomorrow or Tuesday, but I'll be in Cleveland all week. I'll have to pick it up Memorial Day weekend.

Hey Jim, Lydia and I live 45 minutes east of downtown Cleveland.Would you have time to visit.It would be nice to see you in person.Here's my # 440 296 5127

Cool! I can probably find the time. I'm there (North Royalton) for training. Class is 3PM-midnight Tuesday through Friday. I *should* have days free if the people back home leave me alone! Are you around during the day?

So I was foolish enough to think I could get away with being "free" during the days since my training was 3PM to midnight. But I had to work my day job until about 2:30, and then head to the training center. Still, it was cool to be out of the office but I didn't have an opportunity to sync up with Jimco.

When I got home I scooped up the last box of flooring and finished up the floor. All that's left is to put up the 1/4 round and to do something with the entry step. A little creativity is in order....

Hi Jim, you could always come back to Ohio for the Jamboree this summer.

Tina Paul will be driving her Allegro from your area to the Jam.

Sure would be nice to see your new floor in person. 

I'd love to do that. I'll search for the date (I don't recall when it is) and see if I can pull it off.

In the meantime, here are the "done" pics. I still need to do something with the entry step, but all the planks are cut and installed. Next step is to put in some 1/4-round to hide the expansion gaps/imperfect cuts. The cuts by the sink and oven were a pain in the butt. And that stuff EATS saw blades like candy. 

Word to the wise for those installing wood laminate floors (Pergo, Allure, etc.). They aren't kidding when they say to not let it get wet. I put a 6-mil poly barrier everywhere under mine, except for the entry step where I just set out a few scrap planks I had laying around. I have a stubborn leak in the area of the fridge vent that makes its way to that entry step foot well. The Pergo sucked up the water like a sponge and the laminate is bubbled and lifting. 

When I put the permanent pieces in there I will be sure to put a moisture barrier there, too. And I have to find that leak!

RSS

Members

HOW TO MEMBER POSTS

•         How To Links 

-Search Good Old RV's

-Start a New Group 

-Roof Repair Photos & Products

-Repair an RV Roof

-Pick Roof Sealer   

-Understanding RV Electrical Systems 

-Get RV Insurance   

-What to Look For When Buying a Used RV

-Jack Installs Fuel Injection in his Dodge 

RV ARTISTS 

Artist Roads                                              

JOIN US AT GOOD OLD RVS

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us. Come on in and have some fun. JOIN HERE NOW

Forum

Help

Started by Brianna Scroggins in RV Repair & Maintence Apr 22.

1973 Scamper Class C electrical question 1 Reply

Started by Ken Vanderburg in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Jimco_W001 Mar 29.

Starcraft Ceiling Repair

Started by Donald Morgenroth in RV Repair & Maintence Mar 18.

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

JOIN US - COME ON IN!

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us.

Come on in and have some fun.      

Dedicated to a simpler, more rewarding and fun way of life in a Good Old RV... 

Vintage Travel Trailers, Vintage Campers, Camper Restoration, Bus Conversions, Vintage RV Forums, Old RVs, Tiny Homes, Boondocking

A work of art by member Paige Bridges

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclaimer - Please Read it

Enjoy this site and use it totally at your own risk.

By using or viewing this site YOU agree to Hold Harmless anyone associated with it including other members. Also, YOU agree that YOU are solely responsible for ANY and ALL actions, results or damages. Members "opinions" are just that and any repair or alteration comments or recommendations are by folks who are not licensed repair  or mechanical professionals. Any repairs or modifications you do totally at YOUR OWN RISK. Use licensed professionals for all work to avoid possible serious injury or damage. Use  banks for purchases.  Have fun!

Copywrite & Trade Mark Registered GoodOldRV© ,GoodOldRVs©, GoodOldRVs.com©,GoodOldRVs.net©,GoodOldRV.Com©

© 2024   Created by Jimco_W001.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service