Hello,I'm member Jimco_W001 and will be moderating this forum.I have owned Winnebago motorhomes for over 20 years and currently own five class A Winnebago models including Winnebago's first motorhome built in 1966.

Post a question and someone will answer!

Old Winnebago Video

Winnebago Inds. Our Story Winnebago Motorhome

Brake parts  http://alretta.com

Tim Dailey's Website http://www.mywinnebago.com/blog/

Winnebago Parts http://www.winnebagoparts.com/

Winnebago and others  Winnebago history

Views: 4258

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jimco, I'm really glad you open this site I think there are a lot of Winnebagos out here that people have questions about, I for one have a question I have a 1972 24 ft Chiefton twin bed, it has a 413 V-8 engine in it and it is the five lug heavy duty chassis this is the M375 Dodge chassis you may be familiar with this vintage and the different style brake big brakes on it, the breaks are the problem, when you are driving the first time you step on the break the pedal is high but the breaking is poor, if you step on it again the pedal is at the same height but suddenly there is very good breaks and really brings you to a stop quickly, the brake shoes were all new all new wheel cylinders new master cylinder and there are plenty of fluid in it it's not a air issue that I know of, they have been bled out, it seems to be something to do with the activator on the boosters.

We have a small club out here on the West Coast and we have the Classic Winnabago's and one of our fellows that has the M3 75 chassis has the same issue. 

Our club meets together three or four times a year and we have the snout nose motorhomes or 1978 or older(I should say we have a few class C and some others also Winnebagos and Itasca's too) but none newer than 1990. we strive to keep our old Winnebagos looking like new and are constantly trying to return them to their original look and decorations inside and outside. Thanks for your time Terry

Attachments:

Hi Terry,I added a link up top to a very good brake supply house.Tell them Jimco sent you!

Terry,those are some good looking photo's.

hello jimco.

I don't have a winnebago. However, I do have a 65 dodge chassis. (M375). I have been unable to find brake and steering info for anything pre-68. Any ideas or info would be apppreciated.

Thanks, Eric.

Hi Eric,old truck manuals can be found on ebay motors.Good luck.

Eric do you have the five lug wheel pattern? This seems to be the odd ball I have some information on it from online but most jobber books don't have any information for it I can tell you parts are expensive.

No. Mine is the dreaded 6-lug.

That is an odd one.You see five eight and ten lug wheels but not so much six lug.Can you tell me who made the 6 wheel hole axle?

Thanks Jimco

dad and mom loved winnebago, and traviled for over 12 yr in one. but they sold it , when they could no longer travial due to health.

I have an 1984 22ft Brave that is in bad need of a carb and some other motor work. But other then that it is a sweet little motor home.

We are in the market for a Winnebago Camper/trailer, not a Motor home.  We found one in Wisconsin last summer but couldn't get there in time:(   It was nice and had a cab over with a bed as well as a bathroom.  The dinnette was on the side as opposed to the front of the camper. If anyone has one and wants to part with it please let us know.  We are in Southern CA until end of March and then headed back ease to NC.  We can stop anywhere in between to pick her up!

thanks

Judi and Jed

Mine's a 1972 Chieftain and I just found out I need a new transmission cable.Any ideas for places to get one or maybe a suitable aftermarket cable that would work?

RSS

Members

HOW TO MEMBER POSTS

•         How To Links 

-Search Good Old RV's

-Start a New Group 

-Roof Repair Photos & Products

-Repair an RV Roof

-Pick Roof Sealer   

-Understanding RV Electrical Systems 

-Get RV Insurance   

-What to Look For When Buying a Used RV

-Jack Installs Fuel Injection in his Dodge 

RV ARTISTS 

Artist Roads                                              

JOIN US AT GOOD OLD RVS

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us. Come on in and have some fun. JOIN HERE NOW

Forum

Starcraft Ceiling Repair

Started by Donald Morgenroth in RV Repair & Maintence Mar 18.

Replacing controller ,? And inverter 1 Reply

Started by Dave King in Vintage & Classic RV Restoration & Purchase. Last reply by Rick Cornell Apr 27, 2023.

Sway Bar Links 2 Replies

Started by Grey Wolf in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Grey Wolf Apr 22, 2023.

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

JOIN US - COME ON IN!

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us.

Come on in and have some fun.      

Dedicated to a simpler, more rewarding and fun way of life in a Good Old RV... 

Vintage Travel Trailers, Vintage Campers, Camper Restoration, Bus Conversions, Vintage RV Forums, Old RVs, Tiny Homes, Boondocking

A work of art by member Paige Bridges

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclaimer - Please Read it

Enjoy this site and use it totally at your own risk.

By using or viewing this site YOU agree to Hold Harmless anyone associated with it including other members. Also, YOU agree that YOU are solely responsible for ANY and ALL actions, results or damages. Members "opinions" are just that and any repair or alteration comments or recommendations are by folks who are not licensed repair  or mechanical professionals. Any repairs or modifications you do totally at YOUR OWN RISK. Use licensed professionals for all work to avoid possible serious injury or damage. Use  banks for purchases.  Have fun!

Copywrite & Trade Mark Registered GoodOldRV© ,GoodOldRVs©, GoodOldRVs.com©,GoodOldRVs.net©,GoodOldRV.Com©

© 2024   Created by Jimco_W001.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service