I was just surfing around looking at some cool Hippie buses when I noticed that these hippies are pretty smart. They are making some good extra income by renting out their buses and vans to travelers.  One site in particular I've never seen before seemed to be their favorite, complete with booking tools and even insurance called AIRBNB.COM https://www.airbnb.com/wishlists/glamping-vacations  

I'd much rather stay in a good old rv than some Super 8.  Hmmm, and our campers usually sit around about 90 percent of the time. Of course, personal safety might be an issue and local ordances might get in the way since the local gestapos can't rip off your earnings... so I'd just ignore them like always... LOL

Tags: Glamping for Profit, Hippie Bus Rental, How to Make Money RVing, Rent out your RV and Campers

Views: 993

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Now who wouldn't want to hang out here?!!

Bisbee, AZ I believe? Shady Dell is the name of the park. It's all vintage trailers and an old boat too! I like the idea of setting them up on a piece of property, renting out by the night. Or set a minimum of 3 days maybe. I lived in Bisbee for 4 yrs and never heard of anyone trashing any of the units. But then, Bisbee attracts a different crowd. 

Pat, I guess that's okay if you want to be a landlord, no different then owning a mobile home or house and renting it. HOWEVER unless I was starving to death there's no way Id let strangers (or family for that matter lol) stay in my personal RV after I've spent dollars sweat and tears to fix and place everything EXACTLY how and where I want it and maintain it perfect. Having a rental unit is one thing but my own RV home is my castle and I wouldn't want some dingleberry messing with it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol sounds like a good way to have it trashed and the rentors skip town and not pay.

John T, Kind of an old particular cynical sometimes grouchy fuddy duddy

John T's our kind a guy!     

i think I would have to agree with John T.

I agree with john T

I do to, but I would very seriously consider restoring a vintage trailer or bus conversion just for that purpose if I had the right location and property for it. Purpose build and furnished by 2nd hand rose :)

I rode to kindergarden in a chevy bus like this one. was upset when it was re-placed by new ugly square nose ford with the high back beats!

here was my bus....

I have talk with numerous people who have rented out there RV's to people comming over from Bakersfield to Oceano dunes/Pismo beach Ca. Some of them were smart and emptied all personal belonging etc and left it as a bare minimum rental. The secret was to only rent to reputable people and secure a deposit.

A few horror stories came around where a rig or trailer was rented out and dragged thru the sand and surf, and the parents would go up the beach aways and visit other friends and maybe go out to dinner in one of the local eateries,,leaving the teens behind to watch over things. Only to come back and the teens had friends over for a party, and things got out of hand where extensive damage occured,broken flat screen tv's,cabinet doors broken spilled beer etc ground into the carpet or matresses.

One case was a class C cabover that the renter smoked and burned up the trans trying to spin his way out of being stuck in the sand.

But then again, Ive seen decent folks rent a rig for a weekend, keep it clean,respect it and even wash it and vacumm it out before bringing it back.

As for me renting out MY personal rig,,,, Ummm no way jose. I got my *stuff, where I want it and how I want it.     Cruise America has rentals,, I will send prospective renters that way.

of course I never did anything like that when I was a teenager; ah, there was that little incident when we put the local school bus in Bodega Bay. Beach turned, we didn't.

Hi all..I want to respond to this article even though I know its an older post. We have some friends who have their larger Airstream listed on AIRBNB whenever they are not using it. They live in a residential area  of a big city, close to everything..and they make some very smart $$ doing this. Its very nicely tricked out too, in a retro artsy style. They have it parked in their deep front yard, and hooked up sewer, electric and water. They have had many great interesting renters and no problems in over a year of doing this. Perhaps because they are on site all the time and interact with them daily, that this arrangement works so well for them. AIRBNB tends to attract a more savvy international adult crowd who want to remain in good standing for future travel renting, so it's a system that works both ways with ongoing reviews and comments posted online. Compared to $$ boring local hotels their trailer is a great alternative stay for people who like the unusual experience with cooking possibilities, for much less. And they have made some new friends too! Then when they want to travel in it..they load it up..pull the dates off the internet..and hit the road. Not a bad way to finance travel really.

RSS

Members

HOW TO MEMBER POSTS

•         How To Links 

-Search Good Old RV's

-Start a New Group 

-Roof Repair Photos & Products

-Repair an RV Roof

-Pick Roof Sealer   

-Understanding RV Electrical Systems 

-Get RV Insurance   

-What to Look For When Buying a Used RV

-Jack Installs Fuel Injection in his Dodge 

RV ARTISTS 

Paige's VintageTrailer Art  

Paige's VintageTrailerFabric

Artist Roads                                            Sandy's Stained Glasshttps://www.pinterest.com/pin/552605816752050167/     

COME JOIN US on GOOD OLD RVS

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us. Come on in and have some fun. JOIN HERE NOW

Forum

1992 C Coachmen 2 Replies

Started by S.Heins in Class C RV discussions. All things Class C related.. Last reply by Kevin F Smith on Friday.

Steel valve stems

Started by Jack Wasmuth in RV Repair & Maintence Oct 28.

Heart Attack 2 Replies

Started by Russell E Johnson in General Discussion Forum. Last reply by Russell E Johnson Oct 22.

Videos

• Add Videos

JOIN US - COME ON IN!

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us.

Come on in and have some fun.         JOIN HERE NOW!

Dedicated to a simpler, more rewarding and fun way of life in a Good Old RV... 

Vintage Travel Trailers, Vintage Campers, Camper Restoration, Bus Conversions, Vintage RV Forums, Old RVs, Tiny Homes, Boondocking

YOUR OWN GORVs T-Shirt!

A work of art by member Paige Bridges

Get your Good Old RVs T-Shirt HERE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclaimer - Please Read it

Enjoy this site and use it totally at your own risk.

By using or viewing this site YOU agree to Hold Harmless anyone associated with it including other members. Also, YOU agree that YOU are solely responsible for ANY and ALL actions, results or damages. Members "opinions" are just that and any repair or alteration comments or recommendations are by folks who are not licensed repair  or mechanical professionals. Any repairs or modifications you do totally at YOUR OWN RISK. Use licensed professionals for all work to avoid possible serious injury or damage. Use  banks for purchases.  Have fun!

Copywrite & Trade Mark Registered GoodOldRV© ,GoodOldRVs©, GoodOldRVs.com©,GoodOldRVs.net©,GoodOldRV.Com©

© 2019   Created by Russell E Johnson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service