http://www.rovt.org/

Diana

Portland, Oregon

Tags: Oregon Good Old RV Rally

Views: 2227

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about coming to the pinetree state of maine it is a nice place two visit in the summer time and alot of campgrounds to go to every where so please could every body come to maine this summer thanks.
To long of haul cost alot in gas to travel that long way.
Put me down for a meeting this summer - anywhere in the state would be fine. Need about two weeks notice to take time off from work. ( Newport - Salem - LaPine would be fantasic )
Hi Duane - See my reply to Diane on this thread - there are some vintage trailer rallies in the offing in Oregon! One around Sisters & one near Newport . . . also, the annual big rally near Sweet Home in June 2011 (over 40 vintage trailers, open house, swap meet, potluck, party, the works!)
We are in Southern CA and still rebuilding but by next spring would drive up. All my relatives are from Washington state so i drove up a lot as a kid and its beautiful!
Hi Jana - See my reply to Diane on this thread - there are some vintage trailer rallies in the offing in Oregon! One around Sisters & one near Newport . . . also, the annual big rally near Sweet Home in June 2011 (over 40 vintage trailers, open house, swap meet, potluck, party, the works!)
Hi Diana - there's a group on Facebook, "Rollin' Oldies Vintage Trailers" that is pretty active. We just went to the yearly rally @ Sweet Home, Oregon where they had over 40 vintage trailers. They're planning 2 events (actually this fall), but you should get on FB, join the group & start getting the info & updates!
I'll send you all the websites & info, but for some reason, they don't appear as links - you'll have to copy/paste the entire web address into your browser to get to the web pages:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=157804231159&ref=ts

The Sept. rally is @ Camp Sherman near Sisters:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=139935469352916&ref=mf
Hello everyone,
A 2010 central Oregon Campout/Rally has been discussed off and on for the last year and after having so much fun with all of you at the recent River Bend Rally, I'm taking the plunge and hosting an ROVT campout in beautiful Camp Sherman, Oregon for the weekend of September 24th - 26th, 2010.
I have reserved 15 sites at the Black Butte Resort and RV park. Details are as follows:
Please refer to the site map at the link provided below. There is an additional link to park photos further down in this message.
http://www.blackbutterv.com/Resort%20Map.pdf
The following sites have been reserved for our group.
11, 12A, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20A 21, 22, 23A, 23B , 24A, 24B, 25B, 26A (26A shows as 26 on map)
Important: You will be responsible for calling the park yourself and reserving one of the available sites with your credit card. This is their policy for groups. They will be first come, first served. The park management has graciously offered to hold these sites for me until August 1st, so you can have time to make plans. After that they will be released to the public. I'd advise that you reserve right away though, as there are only 15 and there has been considerable interest in something like this, which led to my decision to go for it. Please reserve only if you fully intend to be there.
Upon making your reservation please contact me immediately so I will know which site you have taken.
Please include your site#, name, address, phone, and year and make of trailer.
Once the sites have been filled I will send out a blanket email letting everyone know. After that I will keep a standby list in case of cancellations or if I can pick up more sites.
If you have to cancel your reservation PLEASE email and let me know!! It's not the park's responsibility to call me if someone cancels. It's yours.
I have negotiated the following terms for the group:
Cost: $53 including tax.
Check in: Friday Sept. 24 after 2PM.
Check out: Sunday Sept. 26 by 4PM.
**************************************************************Agenda: (subject to change)
*Trailer Open House - Saturday from 1-4 p.m.. Public and passers-by will be invited, but the event will not be advertised in the media.
*Night Glow Open House - Saturday night from 8-9 p.m. (optional) Show everyone how beautiful your coach looks all lit up at night! This is for Members Only.
*Possible swap meet in the meeting room Saturday morning if there is enough interest.
That's it! Your time for the most part will be your own. Bring your own everything, enjoy the beautiful Metolius River area and have fun!
We will have the use of all park facilities including restrooms, showers, horseshoe pit, group fire pit, sewer dump, and a meeting room if we want to use it.
Sites 11, 14, 15, 16, and 17 are full hookup sites (Power, water, and sewer)
The rest have power and water. There are no dry sites. Sites outlined on the map with dotted lines are on grass. The rest are graveled with concrete patio slabs. Bring leveling boards to park on as there tends to be a little side slope to some of the sites.
Sincerely,
Don and Kathy Denning.
Bend, OR

Oregon Coast Vintage Trailer Gathering:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/event.php?eid=341649484282&index=1
Vintage Trailer Gathering
Start Time: Friday, October 1, 2010 at 8:00am
End Time: Sunday, October 3, 2010 at 11:00am

NEXT year's annual vintage trailer rally at beautiful River Bend County Park in Sweet Home, Oregon -
June 24-25-26th, 2011
Here's the info from Jerry, the FB group leader regarding next June's annual Oregon rally: "Friends,
Our 2010 Vintage Trailer Rally is now history and everyone is looking towards our 2011 rally at River Bend campgrounds. The dates of June 24-25-26th, 2011 have been reserved for ROVT's 5th annual rally! Our 2010 rally was a smashing success with the campground being filled to capacity and did we have fun. WOW!
At the writing of this update, we only have two electrical/Water sites left along with five dry sites. 90% of the participants at our rally this year signed up for 2011. We had a lot of "newbies" that had never attended a vintage trailer rally and were surprised how laid back and fun they could be and was. I will be starting a "wait" list for cancellations during the year for those of you that may still want to get a spot later down the road. 2010 was a very successful rally and we plan on 2011 being as good or better! More about the rally in your July email newletter coming out soon.. Happy camping!
Jerry"
See the website for River BEnd County Park in Sweet Home, Oregon (Linn County) to see photos & campsite maps. Included below, the info regarding the rally & the registration form:

Rollin’ Oldies Vintage Trailer Rally/Campout Entry Form
June 24-25-26th, 2011
Please fill out this registration form if you are camping with a vintage - retro trailer, teardrop
or a motor home. TCT /teardrop club members are welcome to attend the 2011 Oregon
Vintage Trailer Rally/campout.
Please Print Clearly:
NAME:__________________________________________________________________
ADDRESS: ______________________________________ CITY: ____________________
STATE: ______________________ ZIP: _____________ PHONE: ___________________
E-MAIL ADDRESS: ___________________________
Vintage Trailer Information
Year: _______ Make: __________ Length:___________ Tow vehicle:_______________
OTHER INFORMATION
No confirmation cards will be sent, we will notify you via email or phone, no later than two
weeks prior to the event. (two night minimum stay)
1st Choice Site# __________2nd Choice Site# ___________ 3rd Choice Site# __________
Electric/Water sites
Camping fee: 2 nights X $17.00 = $34.00
Linn County Parks cancellation fee (non-refundable) =$11.00
R.O.V.T. Registration fee =$20.00
Total camping & entry fee =$65.00
Non-Hookup sites
Camping fee: 2 nights X $15.00 =$30.00
Linn County Parks cancellation fee (non-refundable) =$11.00
R.O.V.T. Registration fee =$20.00
Total camping & entry fee =$61.00
Notice: Entrants and guests, by signing this release, discharge Rollin’ Oldies Vintage Trailers and anyone connected with the
management of this event, from any and all damages, losses, judgements or claims sustained by them and/or their vehicle(s),
trailer or personal property. I have read the ROVT policy guidelines and agree to abide by them. Event to be held ran or shine.
Signature of Entrant(s): ____________________________________________________
Make check/MO out to: Rollin’ Oldies Vintage Trailers
Please do not send cash
Send entry to: Rollin’ Oldies Vintage Trailers, 609 SE Pine Street, Dallas, Oregon 97338
For Office Use Only: Vintage Trailer Camping
Date Rec’d:____________ Check#__________amount Rec’d:__________Site# Assigned:______________
Date confirmed/notified: _______________ Remarks: __________________________________________

My daughter turned an old travel trailer into a food truck. She is moving and towing it cross country from Portland OR back home to Winchester VA. I don't know that she did much if anything related to road worthiness when she built the food cart. What should she do maintenance wise before she leaves to make sure it will make it cross country? Can you recommend anyone in Portland OR who does maintenance work on old trailers?

Attachments:

RSS

Members

HOW TO MEMBER POSTS

•         How To Links 

-Search Good Old RV's

-Start a New Group 

-Roof Repair Photos & Products

-Repair an RV Roof

-Pick Roof Sealer   

-Understanding RV Electrical Systems 

-Get RV Insurance   

-What to Look For When Buying a Used RV

-Jack Installs Fuel Injection in his Dodge 

RV ARTISTS 

Paige's VintageTrailer Art  

Paige's VintageTrailerFabric

Artist Roads                                            Sandy's Stained Glasshttps://www.pinterest.com/pin/552605816752050167/     

COME JOIN US on GOOD OLD RVS

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us. Come on in and have some fun. JOIN HERE NOW

Forum

AC Question 2 Replies

Started by Edwin Douglas in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Edwin Douglas on Tuesday.

Blog Posts

Wish I was going to be there.

Posted by Bill Russell on June 14, 2019 at 7:17pm

Noah works pretty good!

Posted by Steve Kaiser on May 22, 2019 at 10:27pm

1968 CANNED HAM 1955 ROYAL SPARTENET 35

Posted by harwood on May 19, 2019 at 8:48am

SPRING HAS SPRUNG - - MAYBE ??

Posted by LARRY AND GRETCHEN SCHROEPFER on April 10, 2019 at 5:14pm

What NEXT! 1.01

Posted by postman on April 4, 2019 at 5:39pm — 1 Comment

Videos

• Add Videos

JOIN US - COME ON IN!

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us.

Come on in and have some fun.         JOIN HERE NOW!

Dedicated to a simpler, more rewarding and fun way of life in a Good Old RV... 

Vintage Travel Trailers, Vintage Campers, Camper Restoration, Bus Conversions, Vintage RV Forums, Old RVs, Tiny Homes, Boondocking

YOUR OWN GORVs T-Shirt!

A work of art by member Paige Bridges

Get your Good Old RVs T-Shirt HERE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclaimer - Please Read it

Enjoy this site and use it totally at your own risk.

By using or viewing this site YOU agree to Hold Harmless anyone associated with it including other members. Also, YOU agree that YOU are solely responsible for ANY and ALL actions, results or damages. Members "opinions" are just that and any repair or alteration comments or recommendations are by folks who are not licensed repair  or mechanical professionals. Any repairs or modifications you do totally at YOUR OWN RISK. Use licensed professionals for all work to avoid possible serious injury or damage. Use  banks for purchases.  Have fun!

Copywrite & Trade Mark Registered GoodOldRV© ,GoodOldRVs©, GoodOldRVs.com©,GoodOldRVs.net©,GoodOldRV.Com©

© 2019   Created by Russ Johnson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service