It's been a while since I joined and posted but I thought I'd give a quick update.
I spent every weekend of the 1st 3.5 months inspecting and repairing the Rolling Turd, (oh btw that's what the family named her), for the possibility of a trip from SLC to LV for the Bikefest rally.
Well, I got her done hooked up the bike trailer and off we went.
With the exception of no top end (maxed at 56mph) and a slight heating issue she ran down and back.
So I have mixed emotions about her but the wife has taken a liking to her, so I guess she'll live for a while more and I'll see if I can get her up to freeway speeds...
will be looking around to see what y'all have done to cure some of the quirks for my powertrain and will update some picks in a few days...
So far we've (ya right, ...I) rebuilt the front end replaced all the hatches sealed the roof ripped out all the shag and re carpeted, installed new hardwood flooring, installed a new hitch system, changed all the bias tires and 2 piece wheels with modern wheels and radials, rebuilt the steering bushings, replaced all the lighting with LED, rebuild all the plumbing and some of the fixtures and started some of the fiberglass body work.
most of the appliances are working but a couple are not so I'll have inside jobs through the winter.
about to get her winter parking for the year so more to come