- 2 (1 ounce) slices white bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons apple pie filling
- Spray a hobo pie toaster with nonstick cooking spray. Evenly spread one side of each slice of bread with softened butter. Lay a slice of bread, butter side down, into the toaster. Spoon on pie filling, and top with second slice of bread, butter side up.
- Close up toaster, and cook over a hot campfire, turning occasionally, until the pie is hot and golden brown, about 4 minutes.
You can use any type of pie filling - cherry and blueberry are great choices, too! I like to top it off with powdered sugar and whipped cream! Delicious!