what is this part called? i thought it is an idler arm, but the local parts stores are clueless. it connects to the link from the steering gearbox, then the chassis, and back to the tie rod.

Views: 144


You need to be a member of Good Old RVs to add comments!

Join Good Old RVs

Comment by Lakota Wolf on December 1, 2015 at 9:05pm

Dodge calls that part an Idler link (a 2 point).  also what Jimco called it..a pitman idler arm.

Designed to take out the excess wobble on heavy truck frames.

Comment by Jimco_W001 on December 1, 2015 at 8:55pm

I'd call that a pitman idler arm.

Comment by Pat Daly on December 1, 2015 at 7:45pm

That;s what I would call it too.  Take the photo, model, make and year of your camper into a NAPA store and the guys with the grey hair will order it in a minute... I bet.

Comment by P. Vallerie on December 1, 2015 at 6:03pm
Jim: I am by no means an expert. However, there are some great illustrations on the names on all the names for front end parts. Search the Internet. I used "front end suspension and steering system illustration". Pictures came up I choose the illustration from "www.procare.com". There are tons to Cooke from. Print it and bring your pictures to a reputable part store. I use Napa they have been awesome. We rebuilt our entire front supension and brake system with thier help on identification of components and sourcing them for purchase. The shop you went to - it would be questionable doing business with them in my books. Just a thought. P



  •         How To Links 

-Search Good Old RV's

-Start a New Group 

-Roof Repair Photos & Products

-Repair an RV Roof

-Pick Roof Sealer   

-Understanding RV Electrical Systems 

-Get RV Insurance   

-What to Look For When Buying a Used RV

-Jack Installs Fuel Injection in his Dodge 


 Paige's VintageTrailer Art  

 Paige's VintageTrailerFabric

 Artist Roads                                            Sandy's Stained Glasshttps://www.pinterest.com/pin/552605816752050167/     



If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us. Come on in and have some fun. JOIN HERE NOW

Blog Posts


Posted by Linda Lee Toepfer on January 18, 2021 at 1:40pm

1982 Chevrolet Travel Mate Class A

Posted by Barb Stanley on December 17, 2020 at 9:15am

Looking for help identifying this camper

Posted by Jeff on October 7, 2020 at 12:57am — 1 Comment

Balboa owners

Posted by Bill on May 19, 2020 at 8:11am


Posted by Eddie Marquez on May 5, 2020 at 2:34pm


  • Add Videos
  • View All


If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us.

 Come on in and have some fun.         JOIN HERE NOW!

 Dedicated to a simpler, more rewarding and fun way of life in a Good Old RV... 

Vintage Travel Trailers, Vintage Campers, Camper Restoration, Bus Conversions, Vintage RV Forums, Old RVs, Tiny Homes, Boondocking


A work of art by member Paige Bridges

Get your Good Old RVs T-Shirt HERE


 Disclaimer - Please Read it

Enjoy this site and use it totally at your own risk.

By using or viewing this site YOU agree to Hold Harmless anyone associated with it including other members. Also, YOU agree that YOU are solely responsible for ANY and ALL actions, results or damages. Members "opinions" are just that and any repair or alteration comments or recommendations are by folks who are not licensed repair  or mechanical professionals. Any repairs or modifications you do totally at YOUR OWN RISK. Use licensed professionals for all work to avoid possible serious injury or damage. Use  banks for purchases.  Have fun!

Copywrite & Trade Mark Registered GoodOldRV© ,GoodOldRVs©, GoodOldRVs.com©,GoodOldRVs.net©,GoodOldRV.Com©

© 2021   Created by Russell E Johnson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service