Ripping out all of that old carpeting under the sink/stove counter proved to be a real challenge...unlike the past challenges with this carpet.Everything in there was on top of it and either nailed or screwed down or both. Of course, rusted and tough to turn screws and nails that the hammer would not fit under to pry them up. Some areas had two layers of carpet. Grrrr...and those corners...OY vey!!
I believe I got it all, after a few scrapes and bruises. LOL
Here's what I started with, this is after removing the rotted paneling from the back wall. The towel is sitting over the top of the converter. I didn't want to get pieces of wood and dirt inside the vents on top. Removing it was not doable, but I can move it somewhat now.
The fuel tank spout was covered up with a shroud that was not tightly adhered to anything. There was a gap in the back of it that was a couple of inches or more wide. I could see the outside if I peeked under it, here's why:
What a perfect doorway for mice and other creepy crawlies to come in. Almost a royal invite there. LOL
I put a piece of flashing down at the bottom, then put some Styrofoam in there, and finally tucked in some insulation good and tight.
The door is now locked to the critters, and they don't have a key:
I reinstalled the shroud, this time on a bare floor instead of on top of carpeting. Didn't make a lot of sense for them to have butyl tape on it, when it was carpeting they expected it to seal to....??...gotta wonder. LOL It is now screwed in to the wall and floor, and has butyl tape to get a good seal as well. Even if the critters find a key, they can't go anywhere else in the camper. ;-)
I found a carpet remnant in the basement and have that down on the main floor there now, and I am in the process of getting those wires better organized. The carpeting is not permanently affixed yet,it needs some trimming. The back wall is being glued and screwed with leftover pieces of plywood. I am using every scrap piece I have and fitting them as I go. It will be covered with wall paper, so how it looks now makes no diff to me. Use what ya got!
Still going over options to cover the upper portion floor (wheel well platform).
And that's where Diggity Dodge and I are at today.
Take care all.