A few weeks ago I purchased a 1973 Shasta Statoflyte.  The camper is currently titled in New York and I am trying to get it titled in Pennsylvania.  I have the original New York title; however, the gentleman I am working with at the title and tag place is insisting I find the metal plate on the camper that has the VIN, gross vehicle weight and other information imprinted on it.  I cannot find such a plate on my camper.  Would anyone be able to tell me where I might find this metal plate or the information needed?  Any information will be greatly appreciated. 


Views: 1312

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What model/size is your Shasta?
I don't know what model it is; the title doesn't say. The camper is 18 feet.
Debbie, The information that you need is probably on the tongue of the trailer. Look on the top surface on the right side of the hitch (street side). It should be stamped into the hitch metal. It was on the 73 I had. Don't know about a "plate" as such, the VIN was stamped directly on the hitch. If the hitch and tongue have been painted, you may have to carefully scrape the paint off with a brass brush to get down to the original metal finish. Hope that helps some.
Liz Milner #186 Sisters on the Fly
Thanks, Liz. I will look for it there.




  •         How To Links 

-Search Good Old RV's

-Start a New Group 

-Roof Repair Photos & Products

-Repair an RV Roof

-Pick Roof Sealer   

-Understanding RV Electrical Systems 

-Get RV Insurance   

-What to Look For When Buying a Used RV

-Jack Installs Fuel Injection in his Dodge 


 Paige's VintageTrailer Art  

 Paige's VintageTrailerFabric

 Artist Roads                                            Sandy's Stained Glasshttps://www.pinterest.com/pin/552605816752050167/     



If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us. Come on in and have some fun. JOIN HERE NOW


Plumbing vents 1 Reply

Started by Sandy St.Louis in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Sandy St.Louis yesterday.

1977 Itasca cruise control actuator 2 Replies

Started by Mark in Vintage Camper Parts For Sale. Last reply by Jack Wasmuth Jun 13.

Blog Posts

Balboa owners

Posted by Bill on May 19, 2020 at 8:11am

camper theft

Posted by Thomas S. Redding on May 18, 2020 at 11:19am


Posted by Eddie Marquez on May 5, 2020 at 2:34pm

"Easy" Loose Pipe Repair

Posted by Don Olson on April 26, 2020 at 12:08am — 1 Comment

Loose Pipe Fix

Posted by Don Olson on April 26, 2020 at 12:02am — 1 Comment


  • Add Videos
  • View All


If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us.

 Come on in and have some fun.         JOIN HERE NOW!

 Dedicated to a simpler, more rewarding and fun way of life in a Good Old RV... 

Vintage Travel Trailers, Vintage Campers, Camper Restoration, Bus Conversions, Vintage RV Forums, Old RVs, Tiny Homes, Boondocking


A work of art by member Paige Bridges

Get your Good Old RVs T-Shirt HERE


 Disclaimer - Please Read it

Enjoy this site and use it totally at your own risk.

By using or viewing this site YOU agree to Hold Harmless anyone associated with it including other members. Also, YOU agree that YOU are solely responsible for ANY and ALL actions, results or damages. Members "opinions" are just that and any repair or alteration comments or recommendations are by folks who are not licensed repair  or mechanical professionals. Any repairs or modifications you do totally at YOUR OWN RISK. Use licensed professionals for all work to avoid possible serious injury or damage. Use  banks for purchases.  Have fun!

Copywrite & Trade Mark Registered GoodOldRV© ,GoodOldRVs©, GoodOldRVs.com©,GoodOldRVs.net©,GoodOldRV.Com©

© 2020   Created by Russell E Johnson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service