I need some help, does anyone have any idea what to look for when the tank pump, and all level indicators quit working?

And does anybody have any wiring schematics they are willing to share by e-mail?

Views: 295

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I made it all the way from Oregon to Texas in this beauty for a total of 2000 miles, she runs great and I haven't had any problems till the pump and level controllers quit working

Can't help you out directly but I would be looking for a blown fuse or a problem that is common to both circuits like an open ground wire or bad connections. Look for green corrosion around wire connections or frayed wires. Signs of hot spots like melted plastic around wire connectors to indicate loose connections. Good luck hopefully some one here will have a print or have knowledge of your particular Motor Home  

Try the RV MANUALS at the top of any page.

since you lost the pump too, my guess is its not a ground. The pump grounds in another location. id look the coach side fuse block over and check for opens. just ground a test light and hit both sides of the fuse and where the wire exits as well. the old agc fuses corrode where they clamp in. the pump being on that circuit means its an easy fuse to blow as well.

I don't have a diagram of the coach side fuse block and don't know what goes to what, It was working intermittently but then quit again. I don't want to touch anything on the coach side fuse block unless I know what it goes to. I think a ground might have something to do with it because one of my overhead lights quit working too, took it down and checked for power and there was no power going to the light. The basic diagram seems to show all the lights, fart fan, pump and a couple of other things going to a common ground. I am still looking and want to thank you guys for the input.

Dave beat me to the punch. lol. The old agc. glass tube fuses corrode over time. especially on the end caps from condensation. I have twisted them around a few times and got them to work. The holders for them corrode also being an open fuse block connection. Get out the ole test light and see if current is passing thru.
You gotta be quick. I think I got this obsessive/compulsive thing goin' right now with GORV....but I'm trying to avoid too much interspection. you got a window though. I got hip replacement surgery tomorrow so all you other type A personality types got yer chance..at least till my Ipad shows up...;)

Have any one ever bought a manual from one of the ads on this site? Which one would be good to order from?

I will start checking what is connected but there are a few spade connections that are not even connected, I believe this was from the previous owner and for what reason I don't know. It would be nice just to have some sort of baseline as to where the spades go.

Thanks for the support.

RSS

Members

HOW TO MEMBER POSTS

•         How To Links 

-Search Good Old RV's

-Start a New Group 

-Roof Repair Photos & Products

-Repair an RV Roof

-Pick Roof Sealer   

-Understanding RV Electrical Systems 

-Get RV Insurance   

-What to Look For When Buying a Used RV

-Jack Installs Fuel Injection in his Dodge 

RV ARTISTS 

Artist Roads                                              

JOIN US AT GOOD OLD RVS

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us. Come on in and have some fun. JOIN HERE NOW

Forum

Starcraft Ceiling Repair

Started by Donald Morgenroth in RV Repair & Maintence Mar 18.

Replacing controller ,? And inverter 1 Reply

Started by Dave King in Vintage & Classic RV Restoration & Purchase. Last reply by Rick Cornell Apr 27, 2023.

Sway Bar Links 2 Replies

Started by Grey Wolf in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Grey Wolf Apr 22, 2023.

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

JOIN US - COME ON IN!

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us.

Come on in and have some fun.      

Dedicated to a simpler, more rewarding and fun way of life in a Good Old RV... 

Vintage Travel Trailers, Vintage Campers, Camper Restoration, Bus Conversions, Vintage RV Forums, Old RVs, Tiny Homes, Boondocking

A work of art by member Paige Bridges

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclaimer - Please Read it

Enjoy this site and use it totally at your own risk.

By using or viewing this site YOU agree to Hold Harmless anyone associated with it including other members. Also, YOU agree that YOU are solely responsible for ANY and ALL actions, results or damages. Members "opinions" are just that and any repair or alteration comments or recommendations are by folks who are not licensed repair  or mechanical professionals. Any repairs or modifications you do totally at YOUR OWN RISK. Use licensed professionals for all work to avoid possible serious injury or damage. Use  banks for purchases.  Have fun!

Copywrite & Trade Mark Registered GoodOldRV© ,GoodOldRVs©, GoodOldRVs.com©,GoodOldRVs.net©,GoodOldRV.Com©

© 2024   Created by Jimco_W001.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service