I would like to invite anyone with an interest in Glastron Motorhomes to share their ideas and experiences, ask questions and leave comments. I have owned a 1970 model for 16 years and have a lot of experience with it and learn more all the time. The first big question we all seem to have is how many were produced and in what years.  

Views: 9919

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think if I take mine out and clean it up and then put a new outside cover on it I will be in good shape. By the way I was able to get some of my brake parts from NAPA but just for the front. I am looking for the back brakes and have a source I will let you all know if he can supply. Jimmy
Gary thanks for the link to the original type water heater! I may use this and not the po use type. Jim
Craig: I told you that I would see if my other Glastron had screens and I forgot to tell you that it does not, nor a visor. However if you will go to Allright custom Manufacturing on line, they will make you a screen to your specs within 24 hours! I will have to get one made for my rig too so that is the place. dont know how many$$$ . Jim
Help! I am in the process of buying brake parts for my Glastron. The title says its a 69 but the supplier says its got a 68 frame due to the fact that I have 6 lug wheels not 8 lug? It only has a half wheel cylinder for the two front wheels. In other words the wheel cyl. only has a piston on one side not both sides. My M-300 chassis book shows nothing about this type of brakes setup?? Do you guys have a book that shows the brakes for a 68 m-300 chassis? I found a cd on line that I can buy but first I would like to know what chassis I really have? Any help is appreciated. Jimmy
Jimmy, maybe you can rebuild them. Rubber parts from anything with the same bore size will work. Sometimes you can take 'em apart and clean the gunk out, hone, reassemble and they work fine.
Sorry I can't be more help, mine is eight lug and my book isn't here yet. Scour the internet, it's out there somewhere.
Jimmy, I also have the 8 lug wheels and two sided wheel cylinders. I like Craigs idea. I would remove one of your half cylinders take it to the auto parts store along with a micrometer that can measure inside diameters. Could be that the 69 or 70 model M-300 wheel cylinder kit may have the same bore. You might even be able to buy one kit to service two of yours. I have always wanted to upgrade to disc front brakes and I think the 73 model Dodge 1 ton truck chassis had front disc brakes. I do have some repair manuals in Texas and will be back there in two weeks. Good Luck
Thanks guys, I did order the new wheel cylinders for my rig. I guess with age we get cautious and I dont want to take a chance on the brakes so I am going with all new parts that I have found through NAPA, I just dont know yet if they are the correct parts until I get it all apart. Thanks for the info and If Gary finds any more data in his books I will appreciate it. Jimmy
Hey guys,
Sorry I've been out of touch, I've actually been traveling, IN MY GLASTRON! It lives! There for awhile I thought it my never leave my drive way. I've been boondocking in the white mountain wilderness for the last month and a half. I can go for two weeks at a time between trips to town for gas, water and propane. All my systems are stock except for the inverter/charger. I run the generator 30 min in the morning 30min eve. I watch a movie every night. Anyways, It was worth all the work.
Craig
Attachments:
Wow Craig! Neat pic. Beautiful scenery, Where are the White Mtns? Did your Glastron get warm going up the hill? I am curious about that as I worry about getting hot on long ascents. You have her lookin good man! Jim
White mtn wilderness is forest service land near ruidoso nm. Free camping, 21 days at a time. After 3 weeks you have to change spots. No overheating so far, runs great, right now I'm more worried about the cold. The heater works great unless the wind is blowing the wrong way, then the pilot lite wont stay lit. The glastron is warm and cozy, perfect for me and the dog. I'll be heading back to texas soon but not until the weather forces me to.
Attachments:
Free is key! Since the big layoff money is tight. I love the challenge of dry camping. Keeping the batteries up is the hard part. I hate running the generator but at least I have no neighbors this time of year. I'm having a great time, until it snows.
Attachments:
Hi Craig, I am envious of your camping trip, Your Glastron looks great in the woods there. I forgot yours is just like mine. What part of Texas are you from? I removed my old furnace when it started smelling funny and put in one from camping world, I think they call it a "sunray". Its a catalytic heater that surface mounts. It freed up a lot of cabinet space under the sink. I don't use it a lot but it does work well.

RSS

Members

HOW TO MEMBER POSTS

•         How To Links 

-Search Good Old RV's

-Start a New Group 

-Roof Repair Photos & Products

-Repair an RV Roof

-Pick Roof Sealer   

-Understanding RV Electrical Systems 

-Get RV Insurance   

-What to Look For When Buying a Used RV

-Jack Installs Fuel Injection in his Dodge 

RV ARTISTS 

Artist Roads                                              

JOIN US AT GOOD OLD RVS

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us. Come on in and have some fun. JOIN HERE NOW

Forum

Help

Started by Brianna Scroggins in RV Repair & Maintence Apr 22.

1973 Scamper Class C electrical question 1 Reply

Started by Ken Vanderburg in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Jimco_W001 Mar 29.

Starcraft Ceiling Repair

Started by Donald Morgenroth in RV Repair & Maintence Mar 18.

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

JOIN US - COME ON IN!

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us.

Come on in and have some fun.      

Dedicated to a simpler, more rewarding and fun way of life in a Good Old RV... 

Vintage Travel Trailers, Vintage Campers, Camper Restoration, Bus Conversions, Vintage RV Forums, Old RVs, Tiny Homes, Boondocking

A work of art by member Paige Bridges

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclaimer - Please Read it

Enjoy this site and use it totally at your own risk.

By using or viewing this site YOU agree to Hold Harmless anyone associated with it including other members. Also, YOU agree that YOU are solely responsible for ANY and ALL actions, results or damages. Members "opinions" are just that and any repair or alteration comments or recommendations are by folks who are not licensed repair  or mechanical professionals. Any repairs or modifications you do totally at YOUR OWN RISK. Use licensed professionals for all work to avoid possible serious injury or damage. Use  banks for purchases.  Have fun!

Copywrite & Trade Mark Registered GoodOldRV© ,GoodOldRVs©, GoodOldRVs.com©,GoodOldRVs.net©,GoodOldRV.Com©

© 2024   Created by Jimco_W001.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service