As much as I like Paul's horizontal installation, the more I look at this the more I'm thinking long-ways is the way to go. Opinions?

Views: 1981

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jim, that floor is looking great, glad it is going so well for you.  

Thanks. I think the other advantage of doing it long-ways is that it's spanning the ridges in the floor decently. I'm afraid I'm going to run out of material, though. I've gone through 3 of 5 boxes and am about half way done. It's special order (non returnable) so I'm going to wait before I order more.

I'm at a point now where there will unfortunately be a lot of waste. I started at the front which is the largest area. As I move back, where the hallway narrows the first plank is only an inch wide - that means I have to sacrifice several, full-length planks for that one-inch wide run. I'm not sure how I could have avoided it, though.

The big lounge area in the front is done and it looks great. I have a couple of lines out of whack where I forgot to insert spacers while I was tapping planks into place. It will drive me nuts so I have some disassembly and reassembly to do. But that will have to wait - going brick and stick home shopping today.

Looking good Jim, Good luck on the brick and stick.

Thanks. I'm not going to have enough material for the bathroom, but I think that's probably for the best. I think I'll do some ceramic tile-looking stuff that's more impervious to moisture in there.

On the brick and stick front we looked at quite a few duds but did see one that really stood out. The owner has to get a little more realistic about his asking price, but I'm not in a hurry and will keep an eye on it. It's only been on the market for 2 days so it needs to sit a bit (and it will) before the price comes down to reality. I've been renting since my divorce 6 years ago and really want to own something again.

Moving along at a snail's pace. Between work and keeping an eye on the rug rats I can only get about an hour at a time in.

I got to a point where I needed to borrow my dad's table saw for the long cuts in the hallway. Turns out my brother burned up the motor in it. Now it was 50-years old but my dad blames my brother. I found a good deal on CL for a newer model and snagged it. Now things are moving along pretty quick. 

I got lucky with the color/style. I brought home about a dozen samples and settled on this "Ironmill Maple". 

Hi,Jim I'm liking it. What is the underlayment your using.

Thanks. The underlayment is just a 6 mil poly barrier. I know I have leaks, and more leaks will happen so I figured I'd isolate the new floor from the subfloor. The Pergo Max has a foam padding attached to it so I didn't have to put anything else under it.

It is looking great Jim, I think you picked a good color of wood, it compliments the other woodwork and fabric very nicely.  

Auuugggh! I'm literally a plank-and-a-half short. I need to order a whole new box because it's special order. but....then I can do the bathroom and have a bunch left over for repairs.

Went to Lowe's today to pick up the last box of special-order Pergo. The sticker on the box said "Ironmill Maple" but what was in the box was something else. They apologized for the error, but it's going to be until next week until I get the right stuff. I wanted to finish over the weekend, too.

Is it not aggravating when Murphy raises his head? Some person not paying attention gets labels mixed up and you get the wrong stuff, sure it was not made in China? LOL

I absolutely hate lowe's sometimes. You need one they have none you need three they have two. I bought a screen door one time for a remodel i was doing so it set in the box for a week or two before I opened it . Mind you I had to drive 40 some miles to get it in the first place and when I opened the box the bottom half of the door wasn't painted. Now you know some Chinese dude laughed up noddles through his nose when he was telling his old bud at lunch about how he screwed over some  merican across the big coy pond. Still It's better than Walmart I guess.  

RSS

Members

HOW TO MEMBER POSTS

•         How To Links 

-Search Good Old RV's

-Start a New Group 

-Roof Repair Photos & Products

-Repair an RV Roof

-Pick Roof Sealer   

-Understanding RV Electrical Systems 

-Get RV Insurance   

-What to Look For When Buying a Used RV

-Jack Installs Fuel Injection in his Dodge 

RV ARTISTS 

Artist Roads                                              

JOIN US AT GOOD OLD RVS

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us. Come on in and have some fun. JOIN HERE NOW

Forum

Help

Started by Brianna Scroggins in RV Repair & Maintence Apr 22.

1973 Scamper Class C electrical question 1 Reply

Started by Ken Vanderburg in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Jimco_W001 Mar 29.

Starcraft Ceiling Repair

Started by Donald Morgenroth in RV Repair & Maintence Mar 18.

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

JOIN US - COME ON IN!

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us.

Come on in and have some fun.      

Dedicated to a simpler, more rewarding and fun way of life in a Good Old RV... 

Vintage Travel Trailers, Vintage Campers, Camper Restoration, Bus Conversions, Vintage RV Forums, Old RVs, Tiny Homes, Boondocking

A work of art by member Paige Bridges

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclaimer - Please Read it

Enjoy this site and use it totally at your own risk.

By using or viewing this site YOU agree to Hold Harmless anyone associated with it including other members. Also, YOU agree that YOU are solely responsible for ANY and ALL actions, results or damages. Members "opinions" are just that and any repair or alteration comments or recommendations are by folks who are not licensed repair  or mechanical professionals. Any repairs or modifications you do totally at YOUR OWN RISK. Use licensed professionals for all work to avoid possible serious injury or damage. Use  banks for purchases.  Have fun!

Copywrite & Trade Mark Registered GoodOldRV© ,GoodOldRVs©, GoodOldRVs.com©,GoodOldRVs.net©,GoodOldRV.Com©

© 2024   Created by Jimco_W001.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service