In the summer of 2005 we decided to head north and get out of the Texas heat. We have a 1970 Glastron motorhome that we have traveled in for 16 years now. It has always had an over heating problem so summer travel has been challenging. To prepare for the trip I put in a new over sized radiator and an electric cooling fan. I had the fan wired to a switch on the dash and only had to use it when we were in stop and go traffic. The first day out everything was going just fine until the sun got low enough in the sky to make sitting behind the windshield feel like being in an oven. The air conditioner just could not keep up in 104 degree heat. I pulled in to a KOA in the Texas pan handle and my wife went into the office to secure us a campsite for the night. I stayed behind the wheel to monitor the engine temperature and make sure our new cooling fan was doing its job. She was only gone for 5 minutes when the engine just stopped running. I started trying to figure out the problem but the heat got to be to much. The owner of the KOA said he could tow me to our space where we could plug in and get the roof air conditioner going and then sort the problem out. There were other people checking in so we waited for what seemed like an eternity. Finally here comes the owner with his John Deere tractor. After hooking a chain to our bumper he pulled us in low gear (like slow motion) on a road that must have gone by every space in the entire campground. When we finally arrived at our space there were people walking alongside wanting to here what happened. One guy was a Dodge mechanic and helped me find the problem. I learned that day that a 30 amp cooling fan hooked up through the ignition switch will melt that switch like cheese on a enchilada.