Anyone know the shock numbers for a Dodge chassis?

These were all the standard in mid-70's to early 80's 25-30 footers.

I've been able to cross-ref the front ones but the rears have NO numbers stamped on them that I can find and the labels are long since faded.

REALLY need new shocks!!

tanx.

Tags: absorbers, chassis, dodge, frame, shock, suspension, winnebago

Views: 782

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Take  one  shock  along to  the  nearest  NAPA  (or equivalent)  store. ...... Ask  for  the  Master  Book  on shocks ...... crross  reference; collapsed height / the  length  of  travel / eye to eye/ eye to bolt / bolt to bolt /bolt to eye  and reverse ..... Pep Boys in  California  used  to  have  such  a  book / It's  where  I  discovered  a  1969 Datsun  Pick-up  front  shocks  match  a  Triumph  TR4 .... Exactly .....  Peter  Clarke

I found a sticker, but no numbers.  The sticker says Car Quest Bruiser Gas XD      G force.  I haven't had any trouble with the rear shocks, but the front shocks have caused a lot of trouble.  In the beginning they weren't spaced out far enough and abraded against the frame, then bent bolts, and lately the top bolts on my shock towers where they attach to the frame sheared off.  The best bolts that I could get down here were grade 5, so I',m keeping my fingers crossed.  If possible I would use grade 8 on everything and fiber lock nuts or threadlock.

RWC

You know,  I  had  a  similar  exp.  with  front  shocks  on  a  GMC   Chassis ....... the  spacer  was  missing,  causing  tension  against  the  bolt........ Ya'  gotta  gettem  vertical  off  the  bolt. ...... or  ninety  degrees.  

1 3/8" diameter rear shock  part#3820 997 for 1975.... after, up to s/n 2j554301 p/n 3633 744 after s/n 2j554301 p/n 3638 112. resource....Chrysler Motorhome parts catalog #81-690-1162. Nick

wow... okay Nick, where do I find the s/n of the chassis?

Should be on a plate in the cabin right under your left elbow while you are driving...Nick

RSS

Members

HOW TO MEMBER POSTS

•         How To Links 

-Search Good Old RV's

-Start a New Group 

-Roof Repair Photos & Products

-Repair an RV Roof

-Pick Roof Sealer   

-Understanding RV Electrical Systems 

-Get RV Insurance   

-What to Look For When Buying a Used RV

-Jack Installs Fuel Injection in his Dodge 

RV ARTISTS 

Artist Roads                                              

JOIN US AT GOOD OLD RVS

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us. Come on in and have some fun. JOIN HERE NOW

Forum

1973 Scamper Class C electrical question 1 Reply

Started by Ken Vanderburg in RV Repair & Maintence. Last reply by Jimco_W001 Mar 29.

Starcraft Ceiling Repair

Started by Donald Morgenroth in RV Repair & Maintence Mar 18.

Replacing controller ,? And inverter 1 Reply

Started by Dave King in Vintage & Classic RV Restoration & Purchase. Last reply by Rick Cornell Apr 27, 2023.

Events

Videos

• Add Videos

JOIN US - COME ON IN!

If you love classic and vintage RVs then come Join us.

Come on in and have some fun.      

Dedicated to a simpler, more rewarding and fun way of life in a Good Old RV... 

Vintage Travel Trailers, Vintage Campers, Camper Restoration, Bus Conversions, Vintage RV Forums, Old RVs, Tiny Homes, Boondocking

A work of art by member Paige Bridges

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Disclaimer - Please Read it

Enjoy this site and use it totally at your own risk.

By using or viewing this site YOU agree to Hold Harmless anyone associated with it including other members. Also, YOU agree that YOU are solely responsible for ANY and ALL actions, results or damages. Members "opinions" are just that and any repair or alteration comments or recommendations are by folks who are not licensed repair  or mechanical professionals. Any repairs or modifications you do totally at YOUR OWN RISK. Use licensed professionals for all work to avoid possible serious injury or damage. Use  banks for purchases.  Have fun!

Copywrite & Trade Mark Registered GoodOldRV© ,GoodOldRVs©, GoodOldRVs.com©,GoodOldRVs.net©,GoodOldRV.Com©

© 2024   Created by Jimco_W001.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service