This ole Wolf is fur frazzled,and jet lagged. We survived bumpy roads, stooopid people,road construction,detours, rain,high winds, more stooopid peoples. Truck stop coffee,fast food, sleeping hind quarters,bug eyes,crossed eyes, and more stooopid peoples. Its amazing that 80% of the drivers who are texting at 70mph are not wrapped around a tree some where,, leaving the other 20% causing major accidents. I lost count of the many ,many close calls of being hit as drivers change lanes or enter an on ramp, oblivious to their surroundings, and comming so close to taking out the RV,toad truck or pup trailer,,,, I look into the side mirror to watch them swerve back as they realize I have the trailer,a toad and a pup trailer in tow and watching them jerk the wheel hugging the right shoulder and dropping their phones.. I almost suffered a case of road rage against a trucker who decided it was a good time to just cut in front of me to pass another semi truck, going UPHILL.. slowing 70mph traffic down to 40mph for the next 4 miles,going uphill and still not gaining ground and speed enough to pass, and then slows down to let the truck he was attempting to pass,go ahead and pull foreward and then making the slow lane the fast lane because no one wanted to let the trucker out of the fast lane back into the slow lane,, and of course,, people will see the trucker and myself Blocking the flow of traffic. I let loose a few choice words that would even make a sailor blush over the radio waves. We decided to pull off and grab a bite and kind of chill out. Got to talk with a couple RV'ers who had the same idea, and we mostly talked shop while the wimmins talked about wimmins stuff,,, shoes,hair styles,grand babies,, ( I assume)..lol.
After hitting the road again,, I pondered mother nature,,, with the isolated rain and showers. ( I ponder quite a bit while driving).
Is it just me or have others thought the same thing. When it starts to sprinkle,, you know the kind of sprinkle,, the kind thats not quite enough to turn the wipers on completly, but enough you have to keep clicking them on, then off.
Or it becomes a steady rain and wipers be on and your adjusting to road conditions,,, and then Wham.... the sky opens up and down pours so hard,, you cant even see 1 1/2 inches past the windshield, and it seems everyone around you seem to speed up, And some yokel decides to hug in tight behind you, which makes ya cringe knowing that if you have to swerve or brake quickly,, hes is going to crunch some metal up on your back side.
And finally,, You pull into a fuel stop, and ole Bubba,, (every town or truck stop has one), will come over and ask ya,,, Y'all traveling?
Common, now,,, you HAVE had that happen if you have traveled.
I always reply,,, Nope,,,, tires needed rotated and Im to cheap to pay the tire store $7 a wheel to rotate.. Plus its always good to get fresh new bugs on the front grill after a good wash and wax. 99% of the time,, ole Bubba will give you that Deer in the head lights look,, and ask,, are you fer reals?
Thats enough for now,,, will finish the travel blog after I hit the ole rain locker and grab some ZZZZ's.