I thought I'd post some pictures since the last time I logged in.
We have been busy with a Colorado motorcycle trip and new kayak purchase...
We decided the entire camper would be gutted.
The roof was full of holes so we tore that off too.
The back quarter of the floor was torn out and rebuilt. We rebuilt the rear and side walls as needed.
After tearing off the metal roof and replacing rotten top plates and rafters we rebuilt with quarter inch plywood.
I taped the seams, filled a lot of screw holes, painted it with herculiner and waited for a good rain.
We had one slow drip and a weeping damp spot. ...both due to missed screw holes...
As of now we are 2 coats in on the elastomeric roof coating which seems to be bonding well.
If you look at the pictures you will see we brought the roof coatings down onto the sides of the rv. We hope the new roof acts like a hat of sorts and keeps us dry....lol.
Our experience is you need to take breaks to not go nuts....but we sure do like moving forward...