For the first time since I got the Diggity Dodge here I have done zero work inside of it. Reason?.....well..."reasons" actually.
This is the first weekend we have had no rain and the lawns were in seriously sorry shape. They absolutely had to get mowed or I would be calling them the fields and neighbor would be thinking I moved out.
Of course, just when I really really need it...the riding lawn mower goes on the fritz again. It's old....like me. LOL After hours yesterday trying different ideas, I finally figured out a fix to the cable (this is attached to the lift lever for the mower deck to engage the blades, and keeps breaking off). By the time I figured it out I was too tired to do it, so it went on hold for the night. Besides, I had to set traps for the destructive and chicken killing raccoons before dark. I did get one during the night, but the other was way too smart for that trap. I did some handy work today on it, we'll see if it works.
My brother stopped by during midday Saturday, took a look at the progress so far on the RV and said he was quite impressed and that it is going to be more solid now than it was new. Well...hoorray for that! Then he helped me get my table saw fixed, and showed me what to do to get my truck headlight working. The hot wire is dead, so he showed me an easy trick to tie it into the working one. Haven't got to that yet.
My lawns are finally mowed. I think the cable fix is stronger than the original OEM cable. Little toads by the hundreds jumping out of the way as I went. They do this every year. Poor things. LOL
I dumped one tub of grass clippings in to the chickens to scratch through. They deserved a treat after what they've been through.
The material for the upholstery is ordered and should arrive next week. In case any of you haven't seen the conversation about it, I ordered the center solid color and the patterned color in the upper right of the photo:
I ordered from https://www.fabricguru.com/
They have tons of remnants and a couple tons of fabric choices in general. 15 yards of upholstery and drapery fabric, and the shipping was only $4.99. 3 to 4 days to ship via UPS. Love that.
Now that the table saw is fixed, I'll be ripping some angled boards to go in the front cab over under the window exactly like the ones that had to come out. Again, thank goodness I didn't burn all of the old stuff, I needed that to know the angle of the cut. Tomorrow morning I'll be replacing a couple of rotted 2x4 pieces on the ceiling of the cab over as well. There are some things to figure out there yet, I think the ceiling will have to be a different height than the rest of it, and I'll show in a later blog post why that is.
I was going to move it today, but it appears there is a family of rabbits living under it while the babies grow. I'll leave them be until they are old enough to get out on their own. Cute lil' things, but I wish they didn't like the taste of Hastas and Rose bushes. My veggie garden is probably in the danger zone now too. Critter acres....fitting name out here. LOL
Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I'll try to do an update as I go this week with some pics.