My brother, a member here but not a frequent poster, lost his RV today. We were supposed to head out to Hershey this afternoon. He had the fridge on electric, and in preparation for leaving switched it over to propane. He waited for the green light indicating it was lit and went in the house. 15 minutes later the trailer exploded. Thank God no one was hurt and the house, while damaged, didn't light up.
I'm still going, but I have to say I'm really shaken up. You may recall that he and I (to a lesser extent) spent a lot of time restoring that thing. He has a month-and-a-half old baby. I can't even think about what could have happened if they were in it or on the road.
The FD said it had to be a propane leak because of the damage (it was torn apart) rather than an ammonia fire.