Alright, well now that I have roof that will not collapse under my weight…(I hope)…I have started the install of the new roof vents.
This is a fairly minor project, but I was happy to be able to get the roof sealed from all of the known leaks!
The biggest time saver I can recommend after doing several jobs now where I had to get to clean metal to ensure adhesion…it use a wire brush on a drill attachment (or something similar), this ended up being the fastest…Continue
Posted on July 22, 2015 at 4:42pm — 5 Comments
Ok, so next step in the roof ceiling repair…. I wanted to install the panel into the ceiling. I had been happy with the Epoxy resin I used to assemble the panel so I wanted to try using this same method to attach the panel onto the aluminum skin.
First I cleaned up the underside of the aluminum roof:
Posted on July 21, 2015 at 12:51pm — 3 Comments
Slight change of direction over the weekend, I have been looking for a replacement A/C unit for the Minnie-Webbie to upgrade the broken, dirty old swamp cooler that was currently installed on the RV.
Well I happened to find a A/C unit advertised on craigslist on Friday, very near my house. So, I went and checked it out, it looked and tested fine (owner had it set-up and working in his garage).
Long story short, I bought…Continue
Posted on July 13, 2015 at 3:38pm — 3 Comments
So, I have started with the repairs on the wall/roof area…
I debated on several different repair techniques before starting but I ended up deciding to cut out the bad area and install wood for reinforcement rather than duplicating the standard construction techniques.
Since I did not have a way to screw in the 2X4 from the outside I decided on good old liquid nails to hold the wood in place against the outer skin.
The roof/trim securing…Continue
Posted on July 9, 2015 at 11:00am